The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

I had some ideas on future upgrades over winter.

The Supra will go back to SRD beginning of March for minor works.

Lee will do the following :

- new year maintenance (all oil changes and spark plugs)

- SRD water neck

- PHR pulley set installation

- engine bay cleaning up (some minor cosmetic changes)

- Rolling anti-lag installation

- ASNU 1300cc injector installation

Then, Ryan will do a remap on full E85. I have E85 available over here now, and I want to run E85 all the time.

I had the new CEA Gen2 6870 turbo in mind, but it looks as it won't be available before mid 2015. I chatted with Lee and Ryan about the swap of the 1.00 AR for a 1.15 AR hotside on my current turbo, but both advised me against it. Ryan said that the current setup was super fast spooling with impressive power, and that he wouldn't change anything if it was his car.

The current tires combo (CCW with 315 R888 at the rear) is putting the power down perfectly. I will probably enjoy the car as it is now (I didn't have a lot of time this year with the arrival of our little boy).

It looks like he didn't even touch the accelerator...! :D Good kill. :cool:

After both runs, the Shelby driver told me how surprised he was about the Supra acceleration. He said he was expecting the Supra to be slightly faster than his Shelby, but not that faster. :)

I love the sound of your supra nice build aswell. I noticed you have solid diff and subframe bushes what are these like lots more noise etc ? did it improve handling ? as I am thinking of doing it next year but not sure weather to go poly bush or solid what made you do it in the first place where your stock ones shot?

I love the sound of your supra nice build aswell. I noticed you have solid diff and subframe bushes what are these like lots more noise etc ? did it improve handling ? as I am thinking of doing it next year but not sure weather to go poly bush or solid what made you do it in the first place where your stock ones shot?

Cheers mate.

The solid bushes were installed during the engine build as the axes were off the car anyway.

The roads are very good over here. I read somewhere that with bad roads, these should be avoided.

Cheers mate.

The solid bushes were installed during the engine build as the axes were off the car anyway.

The roads are very good over here. I read somewhere that with bad roads, these should be avoided.

Thats all of the UK :( guess if I do them I see superpro do subframe poly bushes not sure about the diff

No mate ;)

We had some nice time on the road with both cars. After the races, I was on the passenger seat of the Shelby ... I have to admit : it's bloody fast. This makes me realize how sick my Supra must be :)

Has he been out in your car too Luc? To see what it is like in the passenger seat? I am sure it would be interesting to feel the difference between the SC & Turbo deliver as the power difference isn't huge between the cars.

Has he been out in your car too Luc? To see what it is like in the passenger seat? I am sure it would be interesting to feel the difference between the SC & Turbo deliver as the power difference isn't huge between the cars.

I took the Shelby driver for a passenger ride in the Supra as well.

He was impressed by the aggressivness of the turbo, and the massive punch as he called it. The explosion at 4000rpm, and the fact that the Supra pulls like mad up to 8000+ rpm made the Shelby driver admit that his car lacks at least 200bhp to keep up with the Supra.

What is surprising though is that torque is almost identical on both cars.

• 2 weeks later...