The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

It looks as if it's fine now guys.

The only thing I had yesterday is that one of the injector o-rings gave up ... the standard one's don't seem to work with ethanol. After less than 3000 mls, the o-ring on the intake on cylinder 3 broke into several pieces, Syvecs went into limp mode and I will have to give the engine bay a good clean .. ethanol all over the bay. :(

A big thanks to Lee ... he did send a new (ethanol capable) installation kit that ASNU brings with the injectors for customers that use ethanol. The rings will be here with me tomorrow, and I will replace all the rings together. Then on Friday, the Supra will go back to the bodyshop to get the paintwork finished,and then it'll be perfect.

A big thanks again to Lee for his super quick help ;)

I booked a trackday for next week Saturday. Time to test those 888's :D

A little correction from my side. I misunderstood an info from Lee.

It was not the ethanol that killed my o-ring, but it was the spacer o-ring that failed at the bottom. It was an insulator spacer to get a tighter fit of the ASNU injectors.

Lee has sent me a new kit from ASNU. I will post pics of the install.

I removed all the lines this evening to get better access so I can mount everything tomorrow. Delivery of the ASNU installation kit is expected at my regiment in the afternoon.

Super speed from Mr. SRD :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun on the trackday :) Awesome car...

Thank you ;)

I changed all the o-rings on my injectors with the new ones from ASNU. A 1 hour job ... quite glad I got it done without major issues.

The Supra is running again. Tomorrow a last trip to the bodyshop to get the paintwork finished, then everything will be as I want it to be.

I got some info from PT regarding the CEA Gen2 6870 turbo.

The turbo should go on sale before november ... tests are all done as it seems.

It should spools like a 67mm with 71+mm power.

They praise them very high those Gen2 beasts on the other side of the pond.

I need one :D

I have been to the garage yesterday.

They had painted the complete rear panel, but I could see a slight difference in shade vs the doors.

They've redone the arches together with the doors today. I will get the Supra back tomorrow evening .... FINALLY.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks stunning as always!

Cheers ;)

Looking good bud :thumbs: did they paint the hole rear quarter or just the local area around the arch where it cracked?

Thanks ;)

Trackday was awesome today.

A lot of cars were mighty impressed by the performance of my 18 year old baby :)

On the straight, I did 40 kph more than the second fastest, a 600bhp GTR :D

I will post pics and video tomorrow.

Glad now that we couldn't meet when I was passing near Lux! :D :D :D

There was a Aston Martin DB9R (Race version on slicks) there too : sounded awesome :D

A friend ran a brand new Porsche 991 GT3

In our team, we had a supercharged GT86 (315 bhp) which was a lot of fun :)

A friend of mine in his 600bhp GTR MY13 ... Although I did 40 kph more top speed on the straight along the pits, I had problems following through the bends. Atfer a passenger ride, I knew why : he floored it in almost all the bends and the systems kept it on track : very impressive. I have to say that he was on 888's too.