The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

Ive managed to get the day off Tuesday Luc so I will see you at abbey. Maybe if we get time after the cars are done you can take me for a quick spin in your beast :)

That'll be great mate. It will be cool to meet you and to see your car in flesh.

It should be fun on the dyno, with the methanol in your Supra and those 50ltrs of ethanol I have in my trunk :) :D

Looking forward to the results, best of luck mate :D hopefully I will still be able to come on dragonball this year, for a ride in the beast :D

I will be there mate. Our baby (N°4) is due to come in July, therefore, Nadja won't come with me. She said she wouldn't like the baby to come too early, which could however be the case on the passenger seat :D :d

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

Hey guys.

I'm back home (too late yesterday evening to post up the resuts .. was dead after 14 hours in the car). :)

The time with the SRD guys was great as always.

My Supra looks the nuts under the bonnet.

I did put the Luxemburgish fuel in the tank to make sure Ryan could map it on the same fuel I run here on the pumps.

When we started the car to check the ethanol content on the Toucan, I was shocked : Luxembourg V-Power has 0.6% ethanol only :(

When we arrived at Abbey dyno, I told Ryan about the bad news and told him that I brought 40ltrs of pure ethanol if needed ..thanks Jamie ;)

Ryan started mapping.

First pull was 1.0 bar

Result : 658 rhhp

That was already quite impressive for such low boost.

Second pull was 1.2 bar, and it did 697 rhhp.

Ryan then raised the boost to 1.7 bar, and the result was 756 rhhp and 598 rhtq.

When Ryan tried to raise the boost, the Syvecs cut power down due to the crappy fuel with way to less ethanol. :(

So, that result was the max we could do on the sh*t fuel.

As the injector DC was at only 68%, Ryan raised the base fuel pressure from 3 to 4 bar, and Lee, Ash and myself filled up the tank to 50% ethanol.

Once finished, Ryan started his magic again.

At the same boost, but more timing, power climbed to 819 rhhp.

Then, Ryan set it to 1.9 bar of boost, with a bit more timing.

Final result : 840 rhhp and 703 rhtq.

As I wanted more :D ... Ryan set it to 2.1 bar, but the turbo was struggling. It didn't push any more.

So we maxed out the turbo at 840 rhhp, which is quite correct as Precision indicated 935 max power for the 6766 1.15 AR turbo; as I have the 1.00 AR, 900 bhp is the max of the turbo, which we did :D :d

I went out with Ryan afterwards to setup the TRC and to check everything is fine.

I have absolutely no traction in 3rd gear ... TRC kicks in non-stop from 4-8k :D :d

I will order ASAP those CCW with 315 rear tires. :)

Ryan said it was the highest figure he saw on a 67mm so far. It pulls like a train ... WOW.

Here a comparision of the old BL366 vs the CEA 6766 turbo.

The comparision is not very correct, as I did put UK VPower Nitro in the car in 2013 (when mapping the BL366 turbo), not knowing there was such a big difference in the ethanol content. The ethanol content of the BL366 graph must have been around 4% ethanol.

BL366 sheet

CEA 6766 sheet

As you can see, the 6766 is faster spooling and makes power a lot earlier.

At 4000rpm, the 6766 makes 327 rhtq ; the BL366 makes 324 rhtq

At 4500rpm, the 6766 makes 570 rhtq ; the BL366 makes 457 rhtq

At 5000rpm, the 6766 makes 673 rhtq ; the BL366 makes 590 rhtq

Also, the power curve is much more moved to the left

I'm over the moon with it now :D :d

Good results mate. Bet you're really happy with that!! :)

It feels very different with the ethanol tbh ; idles better, nicer off boost, and flies when you floor it. :D

I will install my own ethanol pump setup with jerrycans and electric pump in my garage ... I think I will use E85 most of the time(which is available 35mls away from me). :)

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

The Syvecs ECU is simply amazing.

I needed to fill up the tank in Belgium on my way back home. I did put 40ltrs of 98 octan, probably with the same crappy ethanol content we have over here.

When I started the car, ethanol gauge went down to 23%. I gave it a pull in 5th gear on the motorway, and power went only to 1.7 bar ; the Syvecs had reduced boost and corrected the timing. AMAZING stuff !!!

The Syvecs ECU is simply amazing.

I needed to fill up the tank in Belgium on my way back home. I did put 40ltrs of 98 octan, probably with the same crappy ethanol content we have over here.

When I started the car, ethanol gauge went down to 23%. I gave it a pull in 5th gear on the motorway, and power went only to 1.7 bar ; the Syvecs had reduced boost and corrected the timing. AMAZING stuff !!!

It is a wicked bit of kit isn't it mate :D bet you are well chuffed, look like she performed well, I haven't read through everything because I'm lazy, but is that the injectors maxed out now until you can get the ANSU 1400's before you push the turbo more?