The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

I am hesitating between the RPS triple carbon clutch and the OSG quad unit.

I read on SF that, although the RPS TC is a beast for drag launches, some guys had issues on these clutches, whereas OSG hasn't been badly reported until now.

Anyone running OSG clutches here?

• 1 month later...

Apart from the Mahle pistons and the engine head, everything has been ordered and is at mine for the moment. (Thanks Jamie, Ricky, Jason)

As for the clutch, I will see how far the actual RPS stage 3 (6 puck) clutch can be pushed before swapping it for a RPS TC unit.

I'm not sure if I will fit the SRD 280 cams immediately. I have to speak to Ryan about the emissions (for MOT). I may go for Whifbitz stage 2 cams (269) first to see how these work.

As for the head, I will see how the future of the black beast looks ... maybe I can get a piece of art then.

Luc

You need a nice 6766 an all mate;)

Has the billet mains arrived yet?

I know about the 6766. A bit pricy to be honest.

The parts should be at my work tomorrow I guess ... and my wife will be there for some briefings, so she'll pick them up ;)

Pricey? It's a DBB, was about 2 grand all in, make me an offer, I can only say no;)

I know Jamie. A 6766 is priced at 2100$ new.

I have the advantage at work that I can skip import taxes. So I can have it for around 1400£ delivery included ($ --> EUR conversion / EUR --> £ conversion).

I will pm you a price in order not to shock public ;)

1 item I'm really proud of is the new engine head I purchased. It's the head from Jamie's black Beast, which has exactly the spec I was after.

Apart from my Carillo HD rods I have, my engine will have the same spec as Jamie's black monster. I guess I can't go wrong with that setup, as it has been deeply tested with various turbos under extreme conditions.

Plus, after having been indecisive to go for a RPS triple carbon clutch or not (it's a massive investment), I finally made the decision to get one though.

Almost all the parts are purchased now, and Darren's works in Enfield may start.

Luc

Apart from the head and the clutch, I have everything at mine.

Plus, I like Darren's work. He is meticulous, and a good mechanic. I do thrust him. I worked with him together on my car last year (I helped where I could as we had a tough timeline for the mapping with Ryan, and could see myself his work), and he is really a top bloke.

I don't say that Lee isn't a great engine builder, but I have been at Whifbitz for the last 4 years (once a year to be honest), and I know that they know what they are doing.

Cheers

Luc

I start getting pm's for my current parts.

When the engine will be done over winter, the following parts will be up for sale:

- stock engine head with HKS 264 cams (65k mls on the head and 3500 mls on the cams)

- AEM v1 EMS

- RPS stage 3 clutch (6 puck) (done 3500 mls)

- Bosch 850cc injectors

- SRD 280cc cams (new)

- Stock TT pistons and rods

- GReddy profec B spec II boost controller

Cheers

Luc

I'm looking for the ACL race bearings, but they are back ordered 6+ months.

I got told that the Clevite race bearings are even better quality. Any feedback on that...has anyone used these before.

Apart the bearings, I'm only looking for a TRD LSD. I got told that TRD raised the price on all their parts by 20+%, which isn't really good.

Thanks Alex. ;)

I got hold of a Big case 6 Speed TRD with solid front mounts.

That should be the last big item needed.

The engine bearings still are the only open issue. The ACL race bearings are heavily back ordered. So I will see if I can get a set. If not, I will go for the Power Enterprise items. They are top quality. The only problem is that the engine needs to get stripped down first, the measurements at the crank have to be done, and the specific P.E. bearing in precise sizes have to be ordered. They have a lead time of 4-5 weeks, so I will have to start on time if I want everything ready on time.

Luc