The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

The PHR black anodized pulleys look nice Luc, :thumbs: sort of wish I had fitted something similar on mine while at Lee's, Might be next on the list along with some other little bits and bobs.

It's a very easy job Andrew ... you can easily have it done by Lee in an hour. ;)

I will check with Lee, but the 2015/2016 winter project is the following:

- VVTi head ; stage3+ porting with oversized valves, supertech components, aggressive cams and DBW

- CEA Gen2 6870 turbo 1.00 AR

- ASNU 1400 injectors

- full E85 mapping

Will be interesting to follow this and see how these next set of mods work out.

Any news yet on how the gearbox is getting on?

Will be interesting to follow this and see how these next set of mods work out.

Any news yet on how the gearbox is getting on?

The box is in pieces right now. Should be back on the Supra for XMas ;)

Aggressive cams? Dont you already have 280 cams? :D

VVTi cams are a bit special. I think something like 272 should be fine ; I don't think 280 exist for VVTi.

I got an update from Jacks.

The box has been inspected.

They found that :

- 2nd gear is damaged at the engagement teeth. Usable but due to the amount of action 2nd gear gets it would be best if its replaced with new.

- Shift rail detent is broken and doesn’t hold the actual ball in the metal has fallen out.

A new 2nd gear and shift rail detent will be added to stage 3.

After some talking with Lee, we agreed on the following.

The Supra will be upgraded in 2 phases in 2016.

First, we will install a new CEA Gen2 6870 1.00 divided turbo together with ASNU 1400-1500 injectors.

Then, the new setup will be mapped on full E85.

I will then drive that setup and see how it performs.

For the second phase, mid 2016, Lee will have my VVTi head to the spec we agreed on.

Lee will then replace the current non-VVTi SRD stage 5 head with the new VVTi SRD stage 5 head.

We will go with serious porting, oversized valves and Kelford 274 / 278 cams. Plus, I want to go DBW at the same time, so a DBW TB with DBW pedal will be installed too.

I really want a back to back comparision of the 6766 vs 6870 turbo first.

After that, we will do a back to back comparision of 6870 non-VVTi vs 6870 VVTi.

I can't wait to get the car to Lee ... somewhere around March 2016.

The Supra will be 900+ for DB 16 :D

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

First, we will install a new CEA Gen2 6870 1.00 divided turbo together with ASNU 1400-1500 injectors.

I will then drive that setup a and see how it performs.

For the second phase, mid 2016, Lee will have my VVTi head to the spec we agreed on.

Lee will then replace the current non-VVTi SRD stage 5 head with the new VVTi SRD stage 5 head.

We will go with serious porting, oversized valves and Kelford 274 / 278 cams. Plus, I want to go DBW at the same time, so a DBW TB with DBW pedal will be installed too.

After that, we will do a back to back comparision of 6870 non-VVTi vs 6870 VVTi.

Nice setup Luc! :cool:

I will then drive that setup and see how it performs.

Wow. Some serious kit and power. Look forward to seeing it mate and hopefully meet you on DB16 too :)

That's really the ultimate build you've got. You'll love VVTi and DBW.

Cheers John. I really want to push my Supra in the direction of what I consider as the perfect road Supra for me. VVTi is on the list. A 1000 bhp turbo that gives full boost at 4k would be awesome.

Wow. Some serious kit and power. Look forward to seeing it mate and hopefully meet you on DB16 too :)

Cheers mate. You should come to DB next year.

Sound like a good plan. You will love the VVTi, makes the engine feel like it has 1 litre more displacement :)

Thank Krister. You guys in the North are ahead of us .... but inspiration is always great ;)