The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

The rolling anti lag is a system that preloads the turbo without letting the car accelerate.

You drive 30 mph in 2nd gear, push the button (keep it pushed), you then give full throttle. The car won't accelerate, but the turbo starts to build boost. Once max boost achieved, you release the button and you have immediate full boost .... even at revs (lower) you would normally not have full boost.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this is a bit clear. :)

The rolling anti lag is a system that preloads the turbo without letting the car accelerate.

You drive 30 mph in 2nd gear, push the button (keep it pushed), you then give full throttle. The car won't accelerate, but the turbo starts to build boost. Once max boost achieved, you release the button and you have immediate full boost .... even at revs (lower) you would normally not have full boost.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this is a bit clear. :)

Thanks for the explanation Luc :) didn't realise it worked via a button like you mentioned about, take it this isn't something best used on normal roads / Driving? Probably best used for events like you've just done or drag racing?

You done great bud.

Welldone.

Why did you let the Shelby get a jump on you?

Also the Porker would have been a much closer race had you been on boost. You could have maybe used some brake boost, would have helped. Porker would not have jumped so hard then.

Your Supra doing some damage though! :D

You done great bud.

Welldone.

Why did you let the Shelby get a jump on you?

Also the Porker would have been a much closer race had you been on boost. You could have maybe used some brake boost, would have helped. Porker would not have jumped so hard then.

Your Supra doing some damage though! :D

I know Axle.

I should have listened to Vijay and get the rolling anti-lag.

I hadn't driven the car the 6 weeks before the race week-end, so I didn't have the chance to try the brake boosting.

I would have gained 3-4 mph with rolling anti-lag ; that would have brought me in the top 5.

Lessons learned for next year ;)

Cheers mate

I compared my dash video I did a couple of weeks ago to the race videos.

I was a bit faster in that video ; During the roll race, I had a 90 kg passenger, around 30 ltrs more fuel and there was some nice headwind against us.

I wouldn't have thought that this would make a difference. I was 3/4 of a second slower from 60-155mph.

Lee will get the car in his hands for some more works before the race in 2016.

The plan is to get rolling anti-lag plus a little power boost ; I defo want to stay under 1000 though, around 960 bhp would be ace.

We just need to check want can be done to squeeze a bit more tq out of that little 3.0 engine ; all my opponents had massive tq figures compared to my little 700 ftlbs. It will certainly be mapped on full E85.

For the 2016 Rolling race in Germany, I will be prepared much better ; this first time was to get a feeling for it first : it was an awesome event :)

Some Nice wins there luc well done mate

Cheers mate

Cant wait for the Vids !

:D

What an epic car, looking forward seeing the video's - You did us proud Luc :D

Thx mate ;)

Luc, great job!

Cheers Glenn

Great job.

Look forward to the videos too.

Thank :thumbs:

Fair play Luc :)

Nice to see the supra still killing it! Also to see so many people interested in the car. Even though it is silver :D

I always say silver is the fastest colour ;)

You are SO right Chris ;)

I love it.....lots

Thanks ;)

Wow :faint:

Your car is shifting!

Damn that thing can move! :cool:

Thx

That thing can move! Sounds amazing too. You should definitely try a little bit of brake boosting though to try and go a bit faster

Thanks mate. I know what you mean ; I will have Lee setup the rolling anti-lag. That combined with a bit more power should bring me in the top 3-5. :)

:cool: Epic vids Luc - seemed like some tough competition

Cheers mate

I think the swap to a 6870 turbo would be the best to gain a bit of tq. I haven't seen any dynos yet (apart in the states), but that might be an option.

Plus, I defo want to run full E85 too. So far, I can't go higher than 50% as Ryan mapped it on 50% max only. A bit more ethanol content should up the tq.

Going with a bigger wont solver your problem, it will make it worse. If you are shooting for this event, I'd keep the current turbo and try if the rolling antilag will help you.

Did you try brake boosting? It's usually used a lot with roll racing to get the boost up before the race begins, could have helped you. But 3300rpm sounds a little low rpm to get it going even with brake boosting in a 67mm.

To get more torque, you need to up the boost as more boost creates more torque. Torques is nice to a point, but it's actually the power that makes the car accelerate faster, not torque. That's why you have gears in your car. But to get more torque down low that you are ultimately asking for, you need a smaller turbo, more displacement, nitrous or VVTi.

If the rolling antilag is not enough, I'd get a 50-75hp shot of nitrous and turn it off at 1 bar, or when you have enough boost to get the car going.

Edited by Krister (see edit history)

Going with a bigger wont solver your problem, it will make it worse. If you are shooting for this event, I'd keep the current turbo and try if the rolling antilag will help you.

Did you try brake boosting? It's usually used a lot with roll racing to get the boost up before the race begins, could have helped you. But 3300rpm sounds a little low rpm to get it going even with brake boosting in a 67mm.

To get more torque, you need to up the boost as more boost creates more torque. Torques is nice to a point, but it's actually the power that makes the car accelerate faster, not torque. That's why you have gears in your car. But to get more torque down low that you are ultimately asking for, you need a smaller turbo, more displacement, nitrous or VVTi.

If the rolling antilag is not enough, I'd get a 50-75hp shot of nitrous and turn it off at 1 bar, or when you have enough boost to get the car going.

I was waiting for you to comment mate ; you have massive experience in your numerous races over at your's.

I get your point.

The problem is that we maxed out the turbo at 1.9 bar.

I know that more displacement and VVTi helps spool faster ; however, I don't want to go the stroker route.

Do you think nitrous will help spool the turbo enough at that low revs?

- - - Updated - - -

I believe Syvecs can control the Nos to do that.

Yes John

Since at least 6-7 years, I have had a scrunching noise when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear under heavy boost. That didn't bother me too much as I don't launch like crazy at the red lights.

During the last 2 runs on Sunday, I had a scrunching noise when shifting hard from 2nd to 3rd under full boost.

This morning, I took the Supra to go to work. The box shifts fine from 2nd to 3rd when accelerating "normally", but there is a scrunch when shifting under boost.

The syncro rings on 2nd and 3rd need replacement.

I have been thinking about a Jacks transmission upgrade for some time now ; time to get that 20 year old V160 overhauled :)

The box will be send to the states over winter for a stage 2 or stage 3 upgrade.