The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

I got a positive feedback from CCW. They have the Stoptech BBK drawings.

The 505's will clear the brakes in 18".

CCW can also custom manufacture the LM20's. The rims would then have a taller pad and smaller lip.

My personal preference are the 505's. I can finally run 315 on the rears. :D

I am running the 18/17 CCW set up with 356mm 8 pot K-sport front brakes and J-Spec rears. The car had 4 pot K-Sport rear brakes fitted by the previous owner but they had been shaved to fit behind the 17" rear wheel and were still very close so I decided to remove them and fit J-Specs.

I am soon to look into fitting UK rear brakes just to see if I can get away with it. The J-Spec rears are not to bad with the right pads in but under very hard braking for long periods they do fade, as found out on DragonBall 2013! :D

In my opinion the 18/17 set up allowing for a larger rear tyre side wall is a great aid to traction. My car grips like hell and doesn't seem to loose any more traction than my old BPU Supra with over half the power. My only issue is tyre selection as although the R888's are great in the dry, they will try and kill you in even straight line cruising when wet! I wish I could get hold of some better all round tyres for the rear.

I am running the 18/17 CCW set up with 356mm 8 pot K-sport front brakes and J-Spec rears. The car had 4 pot K-Sport rear brakes fitted by the previous owner but they had been shaved to fit behind the 17" rear wheel and were still very close so I decided to remove them and fit J-Specs.

I am soon to look into fitting UK rear brakes just to see if I can get away with it. The J-Spec rears are not to bad with the right pads in but under very hard braking for long periods they do fade, as found out on DragonBall 2013! :D

In my opinion the 18/17 set up allowing for a larger rear tyre side wall is a great aid to traction. My car grips like hell and doesn't seem to loose any more traction than my old BPU Supra with over half the power. My only issue is tyre selection as although the R888's are great in the dry, they will try and kill you in even straight line cruising when wet! I wish I could get hold of some better all round tyres for the rear.

You thought about Michellin PS3 for the rear Steve?

Steve.m, TT (big) brakes or UK brakes as most members on this forum call them, fit behind the 17'' classics ;)

Great, that was easy. I'll get on the lookout for some then, thanks. :)

You thought about Michellin PS3 for the rear Steve?

When I last checked there was nothing else available in my size (315/35/17) unless imported from the US.

Great explantion Steve. ;)

I defo want to keep the Stoptech's. I will check with CCW again to be sure before ordering, just to be on the safe side.

You're right on the handling in wet conditions with those semi-slick tires. I have the same problem with my Michelin Sport Cup's. Unfortunately, with the power level of our cars, I doubt street tires would give traction, even in very large dimensions.

MIchelin pilot super sports are a very good all round tyre IMO, they give R888 type straight line grip on my GTR, a little squishy in the bends, great in the wet, not sure on size options though.

I know about the Michelin Pilot Super Sport Jamie, and was thinking about these as well.

Unfortunately, they are not available in 18" .. only 19-21.

MIchelin pilot super sports are a very good all round tyre IMO, they give R888 type straight line grip on my GTR, a little squishy in the bends, great in the wet, not sure on size options though.

Yeah that's the sort of tyre I'd want but nothing in my size. The only option in my size in the UK are the R888's or Vredestein Sessanta.

Yeah that's the sort of tyre I'd want but nothing in my size. The only option in my size in the UK are the R888's or Vredestein Sessanta.

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup's are available in 295-35/18.

In all the tests I read, they perform much better than the R888's.