The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Luc's SRD1XXX Supra

Luxluc

On Tuesday, I met Ryan at SRR to wire up the sensors to the Toucan. Lee came by to help.

Nancy and Jake helped out too :)

When Ryan and Lee had finished, all the sensors (I didn't have enough inputs on the Syvecs, so Ryan had to work his magic :) ) are monitored through the Syvecs and displayed on the Toucan. (Lambda, EGT, ACT, water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, fuel pressure, boost, TPS, ...).

I'm mighty impressed by the combination of the 2 units. WOW.

After the installation and setup of the software (alarms, warnings), I went out with Ryan for a drive as the drive wasn't really smooth at very low revs (stutter below 2k). I know that the 280 cams don't help proper low rpm cruising, but I wanted the rough cuising to be ironed out slightly. Ryan did work his magic and after 10 minutes, I was more than suprised. I was able to drive my Supra slowly through the little villages almost like stock ... no stuttering between 1300 and 2000 rpm like it did before. Ryan : you're amazing :Pling:

My way back home was nice. Unfortnately, I didn't have any cars that were willing to play with (2 months ago, a 997 turbo S wanted to see what the Japanese car could do) :D

A friend at work just got his Shelby Cobra back from his tuner .. dyno proven 650 bhp. Videos should come next week, or the week after as we will do some highway pulls with both cars ... and the camera men are already on stand-by (it didn't take long to find 2 volunteers). :D

I'm over the moon with it tbh.

I don't think that I will need more power for the road. When I floor it in 3rd gear around 4000 rpm, I see 3 seconds later the red neeldle hitting the rev limiter at 8k, at 180 kph. :D

I love the fact that I have full traction in 3rd gear on the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires. On Tuesday, when Ryan was on the passenger seat, traction control hit in in 3rd gear around 160 kph, but the tires weren't poperly warmed up. Nomaly, TRC doesn't kick in in 3rd.

With more power, I guess traction would become an issue unless you go very wide on the rear tires.

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

After a chat with Lee and Ryan, a little tweak is planned (probably after those snow months though).

Ethanol capable pumps, together with a fuel flex system.

Ryan said that a 50% ethanol mix would give an additional 15%, thus around 860+ rhhp.

E85 is available at some places here around, so it would be great to add another 100bhp through uprated fuel only. Most of the time, I would stick with VPower, and on special occasions, a high octan mixture would be controlled through the Syvecs/Toucan combo.

I want to see this little tubbie fly :D