The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Drifting in an MR2....?

Jamesy

James, if you really wanted to make use of the MR2 would you consider the MR2 Championship?

http://www.750mc.co.uk/F-mr2.php

I've absolutely nothing against drifting and absolutely nothing to do with the series and I know sweet F.A. about it apart from what I've just read but if your MR2 is a non-trurbo model this is the place for it (so it seems!).

I realise the funds needed are not insignificant but that applies to all forms of motorsport. But in my opinion door to door racing is far better fun for your money and you'll learn as much, if not more, about car control.

Show me a race car driver that CAN'T step the rear out whenever they want.

James, if you really wanted to make use of the MR2 would you consider the MR2 Championship?

I've absolutely nothing against drifting and absolutely nothing to do with the series and I know sweet F.A. about it apart from what I've just read but if your MR2 is a non-trurbo model this is the place for it (so it seems!).

I realise the funds needed are not insignificant but that applies to all forms of motorsport. But in my opinion door to door racing is far better fun for your money and you'll learn as much, if not more, about car control.

Show me a race car driver that CAN'T step the rear out whenever they want.

OOOhhhhhh i like that :cool:

Will have a proper look into it mate - yeah would be nice to get into some kind of proper racing and track stuff does appeal a lot...plus if i bin the car at least its not the supra and it wont be the end of the world...unless of course i have a really bad crash and die then that would obviously be less than ideal.

:)

Just had a proper read and that sounds brilliant mate - furthermore my car in its current state is ready to race right now :D

Race fee's are a bit expensive but the series looks brilliant. Im guessing you dont win any money for winning races/championship? I couldnt see it on there.... :search:

Just need some big SRD stickers down it and its good to go :D

Mate im loving the sound of it to be honest....

Well now don't forget that you'll need the relevent racing license, the safety gear and racing excuses to compete.:D

The inital lay-out will be eye-watering to be compliant with the regulations but after that, with the performance restrictions imposed on all the classes and if you can keep it rubber side down the actual cost of competing for a full season can't be that much more than busy year of track day outings.

I'm glad I pointed this out to you now James, from where I'm sitting it sounds like a very good idea. My own goal is to get the Supra into the Irish Touring Car Championship within the next couple of seasons so the very best of luck with it if you do decide to throw your hat into the ring.