The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whifbitz Front Bumper

TheTurtleshead

Due to the fact that I have had to paint it twice recently, as the local wildlife seem to be at war with it. (Re. Pheasant and Rabbit mating with the lip) I have decided to switch back to a stock bumper with a nice flexible hopefully animal proof polyurethane lip, ordered from Paul this week! Therefore I am able to offer the whifbitz bumper that is currently on the car for sale! it will be available to the lucky owner, not in the pristine state you see it in the photos, but with the damage visible in the photos, lovingly repaired to a very high standard by my good self, it will not be painted just repaired and fillered, and ready for primer :) The damage was caused by the cast of watership down headbutting it last friday night at about 80 leptons, not pretty. Whilst it looks horrible it will be a very easy repair, and will not compromise the strength of the bumper! Due to the fact that I am busy working at the NEC, doing a bit of charity driving in the mustang for the sporting bears team and working with Practical Classics magazine, I will not be able to carry out the repair work until monday, however on tuesday it will be free to collect! I dont think this is really a post-able item so its collection only, or I can meet within a smallish distance!

These are pretty rare these days, and Paul no longer produces them, so shall we say offers on this, of around....£300? I have no idea what its worth these days so I may be totally wrong, but I think it was more than this when new and its quite rare! (I have only seen 1 other car with it on in the club.)

This really is a fantastic looking bumper, but just not practical with how low it is for where I live :( So it has to go unfortunately!)

EDIT: Picture of damage just will not upload, so I will try again tomorrow, sorry!

I need to update this I realise! After contact with rob mitchell, the bumper has indeed been widened for nur motorsport wing fitment. The details of the widening are as far as I am aware; it was cut on the horizontal part just below the headlight each side to relieve stress caused by the bumper having to stretch slightly further. In view of this I will take reduced offers on it. 07515 667775 if you want to know more or talk about it :)

DSC00357[1].jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.