The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2012 Nissan GT-R

mwilkinson

My insurance is reasonably. Cheaper than my supra or scooby. Includes 5 track days (not nurburg). A front shunt in any 60k car is going to be pricey....

I think there were some urban tales, possibly true, where small front shunts coat £11K to repair due to the pedestrian safety system on the bonnet needing to be replaced. I have no idea how true this is but it shocked many and hence the claims that the insurance will always be so high.

I think there were some urban tales, possibly true, where small front shunts coat £11K to repair due to the pedestrian safety system on the bonnet needing to be replaced. I have no idea how true this is but it shocked many and hence the claims that the insurance will always be so high.

Relatively true, after talking with my friend who's the parts manager at Westover Nissan in Poole... they have a lot of people ringing up asking for quotes when considering cat-D write off GTRs...

Most of them don't take it up after they get the full part list.

You brand snob. :p

So you would seriously pay £40k+ for a badge?

It's funny you should say that as visitors to my home get really disappointed/deflated when they realise that the flash car under my car cover in the garage is a Toyota and not a Ferrari or a Lambo. You can actually see their jaws drop when I say 'Toyota' as they associate the brand with 'Yaris' and not high-end cars.

The same goes for Nissa IMO. It's fast but it hasn't got the badge.

thats just nissan ripping you off, the ecu and shocks are less than 1300.

It's funny you should say that as visitors to my home get really disappointed/deflated when they realise that the flash car under my car cover in the garage is a Toyota and not a Ferrari or a Lambo. You can actually see their jaws drop when I say 'Toyota' as they associate the brand with 'Yaris' and not high-end cars.

The same goes for Nissa IMO. It's fast but it hasn't got the badge.

IMO that is one of the main reason why the supra community are such a nice bunch because its not a bunch of stuck up snobs who own a car purely for the badge factor, purely to show how important/rich they are

My Racecar Engineering has arrived this morning. Nice feature on Japanese Super GT cars, and on the JRM rear wheel drive current shape GTR. I'd possibly be interested in a new shell for the current shape car, what's the situation with their supply, do Nissan list a shell, or would it be a nightmare like finding my new R33 GTR shell?