The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2012 Nissan GT-R

mwilkinson

Apolgise if this is a repost, but I have just been reading about the new Nissan GT-R in the Metro.

Sounds like a nice series of upgrades but again the price has jumped. They will be approx £72,000.

0-60mph 2.8 seconds.

550 bhp standard.

New suspension including stiffer springs on the drivers side.

Also no doubt an unending supply of new gadgets and electronic aids.

Still a snip compared to a 911 turbo. I know which I would buy.

New suspension including stiffer springs on the drivers side.

This intrigued me. I also read the Metro article, but wondered if that effect is negated if you're carrying a passenger in the front?

I realise it's more likely that you'll be driving alone though with this sort of car.

Looks like they have realised that their initial sale price was too low. It was reasonable for the car you got and allowed people that werent uber rich to get one. "Upgrades" are a good excuse to hike the price.

I don't blame them for increasing the price though. Look at the competition. Nothing under £100K offers the same performance.

They also said there would be 4 further upgrades on the model before it was retired. Which equates to 4 years given that it's the only car to be modified every year by the manufacturer.

This intrigued me. I also read the Metro article, but wondered if that effect is negated if you're carrying a passenger in the front?

I realise it's more likely that you'll be driving alone though with this sort of car.

Ditto mate. I just hoped this had all been thought about by the boffins at Nissan.

This gets me thinking about what Toyota will have to pull out of the bag if they resurrect the Supra badge.

It will have to be something quite special to compete with Nissan. Value for money there is no better car on the market. The GT-R does what the Supra did when it came out, in that it shames the top brass car manufacturers.

I don't blame them for increasing the price though. Look at the competition. Nothing under £100K offers the same performance.

They also said there would be 4 further upgrades on the model before it was retired. Which equates to 4 years given that it's the only car to be modified every year by the manufacturer.

I expect the bottom to drop out of the second hand market then...

Looks like they have realised that their initial sale price was too low. It was reasonable for the car you got and allowed people that werent uber rich to get one. "Upgrades" are a good excuse to hike the price.

I don't think the exchange rate has helped. It was around 220 when the GT-R was first launched and now it's 125.

Awesome machine

I read they are doing a track focused version, too. I wonder if they'll do a Porsche and leave a load of stuff out and charge a lot more? :)

There already is a track focused version of pre-facelift version, called the Spec V. It was only sold in Japan and it cost over £100,000.

What's the insurance like on these cars? Given the repair costs from small frontal shunts I can only imagine it being quite high? I can't believe how quickly the price of them is dropping but that can only be a good thing for those wishing/wanting to own one.