The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hks ssqv rich AFR ?

JMB

The rich conditions are caused by MAF sensors. I could be wrong but I think the VVTi does in fact have a MAF so you will most likely get rich spots when lifting off etc, basically any time the BOV is vented to atmosphere, as the air that would be going through the engine (that the ECU has calculated the fuel for) will now be vented to atmosphere leaving too much fuel for too little air.

I don't think it's much to worry about in the Supra though. It might get a little grumpy when changing gear at low RPM but I don't think it would be highly noticeable.

The UKs don't have any issues running BOVs so I doubt the VVTi's will. You may get a little hunt dropping to idle and stuff like that but nothing to worry about IMO. My MR2 ran like a bag of spanners with one, that was a different kettle of hamsters though.

If you get the full kit for the MKIV they come with the recirc fitting anyway so if you got it, and decided you didn't like it, you could always fit the recirc valve.

That s too bad... Wich to have the famous "pchhhhit" of the bov

I ll wait to have my AFR gauge installed before installing the bov so i ll control if the rich condition is That important ...

I agree with ScottM, go for it and enjoy the 'pchsssssssssstttt' :D

I have the SSQV with a MAF (Netherlands) on my Supra for about 3 years and the cars runs great. I would say the bigger IC + higher boost (1.3bar) and the stock ECU trying to compensate for these conditions make the Supra the run very rich at WOT, more then a BOV could "accomplish".

my 2 eurocents

Edited by boomstick (see edit history)