The mkiv Supra Owners Club

which Gloss paint? one that doesn't yellow!!

Supra-Brett

OK, question for the painters and decorators on here.

I moved in my house a few years back, made a fabulous job of the preparation, undercoat and glossing (if I do say so myself) but it started to yellow 5 months or so afterwards.

I used the Dulux Trade gloss and undercoat which goes on well and is bright white when applied. Now although my house isn't exactly a green house, its still south facing, but still doesn't get as much natural light as I would like, so I'm assuming this is why it has yellowed (says on the tin that it needs sunlight to stay white)

Time has come for a new carpet so I may as well gloss it again before the carpet goes down.

Has anyone got any idea which gloss is best and doesn't yellow?

Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

We used Dulux on our main hallway, thinking it was the best out there, and it turned yellow within 6-months of it being applied. My wife then got on to the Dulux Customer Services who admitted that their product is not good for applications where there is no natural light (which is the case for our hallway). We have been given vouchers for a different Dulux product which should last between 12-18 months before yellowing but it's still not great. I have since spoken with a few guys on this subject and all have said that we shouldn't use Dulux paint for areas which won't see natural light. The problem with this advice is that I haven't been given an alternative product?

Thanks for the advice everyone. This yellowing seems like a widespread problem!!

I've looked up eggshell and the Dulux website says it is a low sheen matt finish. Not really what the wife is after. Is it a similar look to silk emulsion?

Has anyone had any experience with other glosses from companies like Leyland?