The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SOLD...........genuine uk spec tt auto 1996 red

Guest horny_devil

Guest horny_devil

not gonna break it. sorry

if i dont get enough interest here i'll just stick it on ebay. have seen cat c n/a manuals fetching close to £2k!

this could be worth a lot more for someone whos willing to break it!

I think the CAT C damage accident would be one of the significant issues for me. This will have a significant impact on any resale even if repaired.

Details of the damage and repairs would be important. Not having the V5 is another issue. Maybe he should apply for this prior to trying to sell it.

For service, seeing as it has been sat I would wan't all fluids changed including gearbox and diff, Cambelt, aux belt, plugs, filters (fuel and oil), new tyres, pads and likely discs. That lot wont be cheap.

Also, looking at the pictures I notice that there is no oil filler cap? Is this how it has been sat or did you take this off?

Guest horny_devil

i took the oil filler cap to put some oil in just in case. he's gonna look for it again and if it's not found, new logbook will be applied for

i know it needs work to be done, but surely, gotta be worth around £3500, and i still think that's cheap

i rather sell it with people knowing history of the car abz

Not Implying that mate, referring to the previous comments about stating it is worth nothing if it has been sitting there. If your friend was to fix it up & advertise without you saying no one would know.

£3,500 is extremely good price, even for a cat C.

A lot of people get put off by this, but they don't understand the amount of cars which have had repairs done unrecorded.

i took the oil filler cap to put some oil in just in case. he's gonna look for it again and if it's not found, new logbook will be applied for

i know it needs work to be done, but surely, gotta be worth around £3500, and i still think that's cheap

As above mate I think the price killer is the inherent risk to the buyer. Even as a runner there is quite a bit to do and you have no idea what might go pop when its driven anywhere and put under load. The mileage does not really bother me, its more the fact its sat for so long.

I think he might be better off getting the log book and getting it back on the road. This way he takes the risk and will hopefully make his money back on the resale. If more problems emerge during this process then he can sell it for parts or as a non runner and cut his losses otherwise it will effectively need to be sold as a non runner and as such the price people offer will reflect this. £3,500 is a big gamble.

Guest horny_devil

thanks abz

everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. someone would find this car a bargain, someone would find it too pricey!

Guest horny_devil
The best people to ask are the Car traders on hear, any of them that sell Supra's should be able to give you an idea, just don't think you will like what they will say

Uk's have been sold for as little as £5k recently and they have been full running cars with high mileage or known problems

ok, £3.5k doesnt seem too bad then

thanks abz

everyone is entitled to their opinion of course. someone would find this car a bargain, someone would find it too pricey!

No worries, my advise would be get it looking mint, run the engine & ensure all components are free & running well. Service it too to make sure it has fresh fluids all round & once his done a few hundred miles on the engine it will either do one of two things.

Run really well & providing all components are good & not seized will start & drive smoothly.

The other is it will fall apart.

Let's hope it isn't the latter! :D

If I didn't but my current Supra recently I'd be taking a look, surprised the French haven't jumped on it!

Guest horny_devil
it´s a very good oportunity for europeam customers,good luck!!

thanks mate

No worries, my advise would be get it looking mint, run the engine & ensure all components are free & running well. Service it too to make sure it has fresh fluids all round & once his done a few hundred miles on the engine it will either do one of two things.

Run really well & providing all components are good & not seized will start & drive smoothly.

The other is it will fall apart.

Let's hope it isn't the latter! :D

If I didn't but my current Supra recently I'd be taking a look, surprised the French haven't jumped on it!

we were gonna do it but as it's a cat c now, dont wanna put any money into it

Guest horny_devil

and that's the problem everyone will have

we'r not keeping it anymore though, we'r selling it! it's different to put money into car when buying it as compared to when selling it!

anyways, i appreciate your comments rog!

there are certainly no profits involved as he bought the car in august 2002 for a massive sum without knowing that it was a cat c

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.