The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SOLD...........genuine uk spec tt auto 1996 red

Guest horny_devil

Guest horny_devil

Hi folks, selling this on behalf of my mate. i think he's the 2nd owner of the car! the car has been parked up for about 2-3 years as he's been working abroad a lot! car's done around 180k miles, no mot or tax at the moment. bodywork is in good condition! car comes with 18 inch kahn alloys with wider rears!

he can get it serviced, taxed, and MOTd but wants to know if it's worth selling the car as it is! car can be seen running

edit............he bought the car in 2002! we did an hpi check today and it says that it's a cat c recorded damage, no VIC needed plus............we cant find the logbook for it! if someone is genuinely interested in the car. we can let it go for £3500!

To go against the grain, I would say 5k is a bit hopeful

I know the UK's hold there value and all that, but the best bet to sell this is to get it runnning properly and MOT'ed and then £5k would be realistic maybe a touch more

I know were there is another Red UK with similar issues, being stood and bodywork needs attention and I would love to get hold of it, but the price has to be right to take on a Supra in this sort of unknown condition, we all know how much money can be needed to sort a Supra out

I hope it goes to a good home, as I really hate to see Uk's sat around like this, it breaks my heart to to see them just sat decaying

I think its a high price, considering the actual condition, and the high mileage.

That car will need a lot of attention and a lot of money for being on the road again.

Probably new turbo and engine rebuilt:(

There are some uk spec in very good condition and low mile compare to this one for 7500£

Im sure that sup will need much more than 2500£ in order to be in top condition.

Its just my opinion, i can be wrong.

But Glwts ;)

Guest horny_devil

actual body work is in pretty mint conditon. the only issue is the paint flaking near the headlight washers! it's not been stood and left unattented! it has been started and left running atleast once a month!

more than £2500 to spend? one imaginatory calculator that you have mate! full service, mot and tax is gonna cost me £350, and thats including bleeding the brakes and (if needed) servicing the callipers! i dont see what else is gona need money spent on!

Guest horny_devil
Judging by the fuel gauge there is alot of petrol in it and if its been sitting for 2-3 years then it will be well dead, anyhow decent car for £5000 that

i was under the assumption that petrol doesnt die! keep reading stories of antique cars being parked for a while with petrol left in them, and still starting on the button

5k all day long,

Can you stop selling cars for 6 months? I wanted your white one and i want this one!

this isnt mine :( i wanted to buy it off him but cant afford it as my tt white didnt sell at a good price

Its not because that sup has been started one time/month meens that the engine is in perfect condition( its just a suposition).

180 000 miles is a lot, everybody know that the 2jz gte is a strong engine, but at that mileage, some part need to be replace( if it not already done of course) and probably a new camebelt, oil change( motor and gearbox), filter, spark and more.

Its just "my opinion" as say before.

I hope your friend will find the right buyer for the right price:)

Guest horny_devil

ok, even with ALLLL the belts changed....how did you come up with a figure of £2500? you can get a replacement engine for far less than that

I'm somewhere near Supraland on this one, if a car has been stood for 3 years, i'd want alot more done than just an oil/filter change. Maybe not 2.5k worth of work, but certainly well over £1000 with an engine refresh, caliper refurb all the oils and belts etc. Documented as well. If i was too buy the car as it is, which is basically a fixer upper regardless of the condition of the paintwork, i'd want to be paying fixer upper price, at 5k it would hardly be a bargain with the work that needs doing too it.

Let's put it this way, if your friend tided her up so the bodywork was mint. Service the engine, changed tyres where needed so spend about £500-700 he could put this up for £6k. No one would ever know that it had been stood there.

Guest horny_devil

info updated in thread! it seems that the car had cat c accident damage in 2001! that's what hpi says! needs to go next week so we'll let it go for £3500 if someone is genuinely interested!

IMHO i would say your best bet is to break it, it doesnt really have much going for it apart from the letters UK in its title and from and insurance point of view this woundnt make a difference as it has cat c damage.

Breaking it would probably see the biggest return financially and if you do dibs on the rear bumper :p

Guest horny_devil

iv driven it today for two miles mate. my mate didnt no it was a cat c repaired so he wouldnt have a clue as to what the repair was! the car's been stood for past 3 years so i guess nothing's been changed. starts on the button, with aid of jump start of course. engine runs smooth, all electricals etc are working fine, no rattles bangs or noises from anywhere in the car when being driven.

brakes make a rubbing/scuffing sound when pressed but still work! one of the tyres seem out of shape.

bodywise.....will need polishing as it's been stood for a while, paintwork is in decent condition otherwise, the only thing worth mentioning is the paint flaking near headlight washers, and small mark on the underside/bottom of the passenger's side rear spat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.