The mkiv Supra Owners Club

biker goes to jail for excessive speeding on you tube after being reported

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

Where's that spirted driving thread eh?

I wonder how they traced him based on that footage? Someone has proper grassed him up, or he was daft enough to film himself pulling up on his drive.

H.

Even being dobbed in they would need a lot more proof unless the guy was a complete dipshit and put his hands up, there must be a lot more to the video.

There was a thing on Traffic Cops before where a cop saw a video of a guy speeding on a dual carriageway and they got him by calculating how long it took to get from one signpost to the next and calculated him at over 150 and he went to jail.

He didn't even pass Go or collect £200 either. What a jip!

Even being dobbed in they would need a lot more proof unless the guy was a complete dipshit and put his hands up, there must be a lot more to the video.

He probably walked around the back of the bike when he started or got off and showed his number plate...lol..!!

We all live in a funny old world: Our cars are electronically governed to 155MPH and our bikes can max out at 170-200MPH and yet the speed restriction is 70.

(And before anyone states the obvious but I do appreciate more than most that some bikers are right @r$e$ when they get on their machines).

EDIT:

Policeman "Sir, do you know why I have stopped you?".

Motorist: "Nope, I was just following the BMW/VAG drivers manual - I just picked up the car yesterday don't you know old boy, lol?".

Policeman: "Ah! You were doing 155MPH according to my radar gun?".

Motorist: "These electronic speed restrictors don't half slow you down, Officer - don't you find???".

Same thing has just happened to a driver here in Ireland.

A video clip showing a couple of lads in a Starlet turbo acting like chimps became a nationwide scandal 3 days after a two car collision killed eight young people.

The driver made no attempt to hide either his own identity or the reg. number of his car. I think he got 6 months jail time this week.:)

Where's that spirted driving thread eh?

I wonder how they traced him based on that footage? Someone has proper grassed him up, or he was daft enough to film himself pulling up on his drive.

H.

Sounds as though he maybe put something on Facebook - maybe a link from his Facebook page to his vid.?

"It is a miracle he survived many of the situations he put himself in and to upload this footage on to a social networking site to boast about what he had

done is abhorrent.

He hasn't gone to jail... it's a suspended sentence. Just means he has to behave for a couple of years...

Edit: The video doesn't look that bad. I mean, there are wheelies, weaving and speeding, which I don't condone; clearly dangerous, but nothing I haven't seen before... unless I missed the point somewhere? Not that I mean to stick up for him.

He hasn't gone to jail... it's a suspended sentence. Just means he has to behave for a couple of years...

Yeah, that ^^. Thats the one reason I don't post any videos of enthusiastic driving on the internet :)

There was a thing on Traffic Cops before where a cop saw a video of a guy speeding on a dual carriageway and they got him by calculating how long it took to get from one signpost to the next and calculated him at over 150 and he went to jail.

He didn't even pass Go or collect £200 either. What a jip!

I saw that one! Wasn't he in an Audi TTRS or something and it wasn't his car, he was in the Motor Trade business. Police did a bloody good job catching up with him.