The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1994 black 6 speed single

Bailey.

After nearly 2 years of ownership and loving every minute, i have decided to put my supra up for sale to fund a deposit for a house, i am in no rush to sell as i am not looking to buy untill spring next year but i thought i would get it out there for people to consider. I bought the car from a member from this club named Glosphil, all his posts can be searched through as i did when i wasSs looking to buy the car for a bit of history on it.

It was owned by Phil for 3 years prior to me buying it in april 2010, and he was the first uk owner. He was very anal about polishing and cleaning the car and when i drove to view the car it was in great condition both in and out. In the 3 years he owned the car it had various modifications to make it to bpu, plus 4 defi gauges, mines ecu, greddy fmic and a dvd player,compact sub in the boot along with a cat alarm and immobiliser. It looked very much like it did in the pic below when i bought it bar the wheels which i added the day i picked it up as i wasnt keen on the works wheels fitted to it already.

Anyway after having a few small bits of paint work done and having the hunger for more power i set about sourcing parts to go single, after hours and hours of research and going over project threads numerous times i started to buy some parts. First off a Greddy turbo kit from Dude, along with 850cc drop in injectors, sard fpr and a vielside exhaust, but this point i was clucking so i soon found that Jamesy had a f con gold along with a blitz duals sbc for sale, these were the next purchase, plus James kindley took me for a drive in his just completed single and all the way home i plotting what bits to get next, After talking to Paul at whifbitz i made decisions on the most of the parts for the build and got them on order. And had a lovely big box delivered by the courier, It was like an early x-mas.

So Then we set about it, with myself and my best friend running his own garage it just seemed rude not to.

While the engine was out we fitted arp rod bolts and clevitte bearing to the engine.

And started building it back up together, along the way changing the turbo from the large greddy t88 to a more streetable precision 6765 billet turbo.

And it was ready to go back in

And after many nights after work and weekends we eventually had it up and running and to the car it is today.

The full spec

JDM 2jzgte engine

Arp rod bolts

Arp head studs

Clevitte bearings

Boost logic reworked oil pump

new oem crank pulley

Gates racing blue timing belt

Gates racing blue aux belt

new oem water pump

Titan billet tensioner bracket

new oem idler and tensioner

oem head gasket

Whifbitz pulley set anodised purple

Whifbitz cam pullies in pruple/grey

Whifbitz 264 cams

bc springs and retainers

ferrera vss and lockers

oem rocker gaskets and cam seals

oem intake gaskets

Trd oil cap

Fueling

Sard 850cc drop injectors(all new seals)

sard fpr

whifbitz dampner removal line

new oem filter

Bosch 044 pump

Turbo

Precision 6765 .81ar turbo( compressor hpc black)

Greddy tubular manifold

Greddy Wastegate

Greddy 3" dp with v band fitted

Custom oil drain

Whifbitz oil feed

Whifbitz 4" filter pipe anodised grey

K&n 4" filter

Dei turbo blanket

Dei wrap for manifold and down pipe

Electrics

Hks F con v pro

Hks afk knock amp/afr

Blitz dual sbc

Defi boost,oil temp, oil pressure and egt gauges

Heckler resistor pack

Oem coil pack clips

Ngk iridium plugs

Any of the tt loom not needed removed

Exhaust

Vielside split type exhaust

Envy 3" mid pipe

Breathing and cooling

Whifbitz single catch can anodised grey

Srd alloy radiator

Driftworks oil cooler kit

Apr carbon cooling plate

Gearbox etc

Getrax 6 speed box

Competition stage 4 clutch

Competition ultralite flywheel

New oem release bearing and c clips

Trd gear box mount

SRD solid shift mounts

Big rear diff

Brakes and suspension

Uk breaks all round

cw pads on all corners

Titan line lock kit

Hsd coilvers

Cusco strut brace

Wheels and tyres

Front-Uk 17's 9.5" wheels, Falken 452 (255 35 17)

Rear-Uk 17's widened to 11.5", Goodyear GSC (315 35 17)

Custom 45mm wheel spacers

Just freshly refurbed in silver

Bodywork

Totally standard

Just been detailed

Interior

Black carpets

Black head lining

Black leather front and rear seats

Top glovebox 3 gauge pod

Active spoiler switch converted for line lock

Lights

Facelift front light

Facelift side lights/indicators

Facelift rears

Clear side repeaters

The car is mot'd untill may and had 6 months put on it just yesterday. It has covered 129k km which is just under 80k miles, driven when the weather is good and cleaned at every opportunity. The car made 585 hp and 530 lbft at surrey rolling road at 1.3 bar, myself and ryan would have liked to have gon to around 1.7 bar but a dodgey coil pack was playing up at around 1.5 so ryan turned the boost back and called it a day. I had intended to get back up to srr but with work being crazy and not being able to get the time off i just havent had a chance, plus around north devon its quite rare i really get to open it up to its full potential. My future plans were to fit a greddy intake manifold and some whifbitz coil packs and get it back to ryan for mapping, but needs must and to be totally honest i loved building the car and would do it all over again in a heart beat. The car has been ultra reliable including a trip to supra pod which for me is a 500 mile round plus it managed a 12.6 @ 117mph in the quater.

The build thread can be viewed here from start to finish http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?231398-Bailey-s-single-build-thread

Im sure there is loads i have missed and i will add more details as i remember them and more pics if the weather is good this weekend

Any questions pm me or call me on 07817969706.

Thanks Andy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys, my home is here and I won't be going anywhere, give me 18 months and there will be another supra on the drive for definite. I will also be at pod again next year as I met loads of quality people and had a ball! Blw the pics are prior to the detail, she is gleaming now ;)

Some frsh photos, no tyre shine sorry :(

Interior pics

GLWS, cracking build, we both started at the same time..... im not finished and now your selling :( lovely car

I think your build was a little more extensive than mine, lol. And I had help from others where as u have done yours all on your own, and thanks for the kind comments mate.

I have had a couple of offers for px's today, I will take a px but ideally something I can sell reasonably fast or a civic type r which I intend to replace the supra with untill I replace it with another .

I think your build was a little more extensive than mine, lol. And I had help from others where as u have done yours all on your own, and thanks for the kind comments mate.

I have had a couple of offers for px's today, I will take a px but ideally something I can sell reasonably fast or a civic type r which I intend to replace the supra with untill I replace it with another .

You will love the Type R, mine is being collected tomorrow, gonna miss it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.