The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2Bartuning now ventures into the GTR world - Ecutek and Syvecs

Ryan.G

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Stock actually caters well for the stock setup and basic stages well but when going 650hp+ it becomes abit dodgy espically when say you change the combustion dynamics as the stock knock control wont be right then and this is what 95% of GTR tuners relie on to tune the cars.

There are many many benefits but these will be released with its shown at Autosport if ready.

Ryan

Ahh fair enough is that 650hp on a built engine and gearbox? Just wondering :D I've sold the R34 ;)

Hi Ryan,

Great work on the GTR. I have a couple of clients running GTR's, one has his up to 862bhp but he's spent a bucket load of money on it.....How the rich can play!!! Moving from that......you recently had a pair of black folding mirrors for sale, I've messaged you a couple of times but to no avail. Are they still up for grabs?? Cheers and good luck with R&D on the GTR's.

Shane

Asked the guys on the GTR forums which cylinders go first in a pop....My bets are on the 3rd and 4th cylinder going first :)

Below is a log showing the knock traces from each cylinder

Red is Cyl4 and Dark Blue is Cyl3 you can see the difference compared to rest. The centre cylinders are always louder so gain has been adjusted to suit already which is due to the knock sensor placements but even so the centres are always first to knock and its not just because sensors are placed in centre of block as it knows which cylinder its firing based on listening to the correct Freq in a set window after each event has occured so shows that maybe the centre feed intake design favours the centre cylinders or its just purely down to that the centres run hotter due to cooling designs.

Will back up when I get all 6 egts in the manifolds.

Just to note the stock ecu regarded none of the above as enough to pull timing as i have left the stock in to keep the canbus happy and monitor knock as a extra sanity check (will be removed next week when canbus patch is applied :) )

But interesting enough now the standalone ecu is running the engine and injection has been set to match the larger injectors properly it enabled the engine to take more timing and produce the below.

Ryan

BTW before anyway asks why its lost power below 2400rpm its due to how much time the load it kept against the engine at the beginning of the run. The longer its held the more boost its creates.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...