The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2Bartuning now ventures into the GTR world - Ecutek and Syvecs

Ryan.G

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are all the GTR boys taking that news?

Impressive figures you are getting out of it, looking forward to the progress, one of my dream cars and also one i will never be able to afford :(

Have not posted the results on there yet because not a trader but will add them all to the dyno graph part of my website show they can see which mods are worth doing. So far i would not bother with the stock backbox as its flowing well at this power. Only benefit is weight saving from a Titanium system but i dont want lots of noise so prefer the stock system

Ryan

Charlie @ SRR just amused me as all the stage 3 Gtrs done elsewhere he has had on the dyno made the same as i did at stage 1 :D

That's strange because I have seen graphs of cars at SRR running stage 2 mods (intakes, Ypipe, cobbs) hitting the 580/590 mark.

Mine is currently running panel filters, miltek Ypipe and cobbs stage 2 happy to get it over to SRR for comparison. Cobbs claims 75+ above stock for my mods. I also have the graph from the standard run.

That's strange because I have seen graphs of cars at SRR running stage 2 mods (intakes, Ypipe, cobbs) hitting the 580/590 mark.

Mine is currently running panel filters, miltek Ypipe and cobbs stage 2 happy to get it over to SRR for comparison. Cobbs claims 75+ above stock for my mods. I also have the graph from the standard run.

Tbh everyone gets stages confused as everyone has different modifications for stages listed but with only! the intakes graham on a completely stock pre 2011 I have hit anywhere between 580-590bhp then 610-615 with the y pipe only. Custom tuning a car for hours on a Dyno and road properly are going to be night and day better over the Cobb/Gtc email maps!

Has anyone had one of these engines on a proper engine dyno here in the UK yet? There was a link to an American race car build that was, from memory, RWD, like the GT cars run from the UK, but I can't find it. When are you stripping yours down to a fighting weight Ryan? ;) Good work, will be an achievement to get a Syvecs to run everything and have total control. Sounds a nightmare to me, bet your head is buzzing at times.

Tbh everyone gets stages confused as everyone has different modifications for stages listed but with only! the intakes graham on a completely stock pre 2011 I have hit anywhere between 580-590bhp then 610-615 with the y pipe only. Custom tuning a car for hours on a Dyno and road properly are going to be night and day better over the Cobb/Gtc email maps!

What do you classify as stage 1/2/3?

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an Update Guys

The Syvecs S8 is now running my GTR Perfectly with the S8 fully running everything on the engine on top of the stock Ecu just to keep the Stock Can bus system happy but Pat and Myself are now taking it to another level.

We are reverse engineering the Stock Can Bus system so we can actually remove the stock Ecu completely and recieve/send data to all the others Nodes in the canbus system using the S8 2 Canbus systems.

I can tell you reverse engineering the GTR Can bus is one of the hardest tasks i have worked on but Pat and I are about 50% throught it. This way we can pickup all the stock sensors inputs and feed into the S8 without having to use an extra inputs or outputs on the ecu! No one currently has done this with the GTR so its going to be a real show stopper!

Canbus is the future for cars so building a few special tools and writing some custom software to do the GTR will help with everything we work on in the future.

Just so you get an ideal on the task

There is 50+ Identifers in the Gtr Can system and have 8 frames for each identifers so that around 400+ Bits of info being sent around and we are working out what they are based on this kind of info below which is only viewing the can bus log for m/s as that time columns in in Seconds LOL

TYPE ___TIME____ ___ID___ D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 D6 D7 D8

RD11 8.6582 160 32 03 20 00 08 FF C0

RD11 8.6585 180 00 00 32 03 20 00 01 00

RD11 8.6587 182 00 00 00 00 00 21 00 C8

RD11 8.6589 1F9 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

RD11 8.6684 160 32 03 20 00 08 FF C0

RD11 8.6686 180 00 00 32 03 20 00 02 00

RD11 8.6689 182 00 00 00 00 00 22 00 C8

As well as all the above i have now been put a special task for lotus! I need a holiday!!

I thought this sort of thing WAS a holiday for you geeks? :) I know that GEMS spend weeks and weeks witha Canalyser getting data from modern cars of far less complexity than the GTR, sounds a nightmare, what sort of gear are you using Ryan? Short Webinar showing what you are doing? Good luck, have Nissan changed anything with various releases of the current GTR are will this work on them all?

I thought this sort of thing WAS a holiday for you geeks? :) I know that GEMS spend weeks and weeks witha Canalyser getting data from modern cars of far less complexity than the GTR, sounds a nightmare, what sort of gear are you using Ryan? Short Webinar showing what you are doing? Good luck, have Nissan changed anything with various releases of the current GTR are will this work on them all?

Ever since i admitted i was a Geek in Jap performance its all i seem to get called :(

Using a Can Sniffer which allows me to recieve, transmit or both data. Then made my own custom data layout which transfers Hex into decimal and then plots the results in graphs so i can work out what everthing is from looking at the stock ecu logs.

Webinar on this! It would be a month long!!

Very very impressive work Ryan! Purely from a drivers point of view how much better would a GTR be with the Syvecs S8 on rather than the stock system?

The Stock actually caters well for the stock setup and basic stages well but when going 650hp+ it becomes abit dodgy espically when say you change the combustion dynamics as the stock knock control wont be right then and this is what 95% of GTR tuners relie on to tune the cars.

There are many many benefits but these will be released with its shown at Autosport if ready.

Ryan