The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2Bartuning now ventures into the GTR world - Ecutek and Syvecs

Ryan.G

Will do Ryan, im going to smoke it standard for a few weeks to get used to it then start playing with it.

i was just reading the ECUtek vs CObb debate on GTROC, I seen your posts, I dont think you will ever be able to move alot of them away from Cobb as its been brainwashed into alot of the owners that its the only choice.

I went for a MY10 for the nav , Plus i test drove a 09 in the dealers with 20k miles and it drove like a dog, and looked like one.

Put Jurgens car on an S8 and they'll take more notice, I think :)

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will do Ryan, im going to smoke it standard for a few weeks to get used to it then start playing with it.

i was just reading the ECUtek vs CObb debate on GTROC, I seen your posts, I dont think you will ever be able to move alot of them away from Cobb as its been brainwashed into alot of the owners that its the only choice.

I went for a MY10 for the nav , Plus i test drove a 09 in the dealers with 20k miles and it drove like a dog, and looked like one.

The Cobb is a good product but its just the way the UK tuners do them. E-mailing maps to try and then if they do get a custom tune its road mapped!. God knows how they setup the Cam timing on the ecu or ignition timing! No wonder my stage 1/2 results are on same level as there stage4!!

Seems im the one only way to where det cans also! Relaying purely on the stock system is unbelievable as i found the stock system not to do anything a few times when i heard a ping of det. The Syvecs will be a massive wake up call to the scene!

Ryan

Great work Ryan and some nice numbers already.

this is for sale just up the from me If only i had a fue more penny's in the bank :(

http://www.targafloriocars.com/Car_Sales/NissanGTR_Black_Edition/3247.htm

Very nice matey, although its a tad over price IMO :)

This is the sort of price you can pick them up for

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3310027.htm

And it had Sat nav :)

Guest kenblockseal

Was away getting mine today from Newcastle, I drove back to glasgow via the A696 then onto the A68 then down the M8 from Edinburgh, The back roads were amazing in the car the handeling is hard to describe even in the Rain.

Ryan i will be in touch in the next few weeks about a ECUtek for it.

heres a wee pic from today -

Was away getting mine today from Newcastle, I drove back to glasgow via the A696 then onto the A68 then down the M8 from Edinburgh, The back roads were amazing in the car the handeling is hard to describe even in the Rain.

Ryan i will be in touch in the next few weeks about a ECUtek for it.

heres a wee pic from today -

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n631/portdundas/392731_10150470715943487_676728486_10491875_1431501409_n.jpg

Ahhh, Bisto. :D

Looks nice!

Guest kenblockseal
Looking good Kenny - cracking choice of roads for a run, they're my fave for heading to the East Coast down south. :)

Cheers,

Brian.

Yeah was cracking, i was just on otterburn hall trying to book a weekend away for me and the GF as it looked nice today.

I was going to phone you earlier when i was at the car auctions to see if you wanted to go a blast in the car, but i had a table booked for dinner at 9pm.

Yeah was cracking, i was just on otterburn hall trying to book a weekend away for me and the GF as it looked nice today.

I was going to phone you earlier when i was at the car auctions to see if you wanted to go a blast in the car, but i had a table booked for dinner at 9pm.

A blast sounds good! :) See what all this GTR fuss is about :D

Looks lovely and in the best colour too.

No doubt these are the next best thing in the jap scene but i personally think they dont even come close to the supra in the looks departments. I would like to go out in one to see the performance ect and i do hear very very good things.

Im sure Ryan will crack the scene and give other owners somthing to think about with regards to ecu choice and mapping

Looks nice, Is the engine on the 2010 cars different?
nope only the software is the difference.

2007-2009 cars had coolant to trottle bodys for cold start

2010-2011 had the above deleted ;]

engine wise they are all same and interchangeable.

the main performance upgrade is the sofware in the gearbox and on the ecu..

a cobb or ecutek will sort that,.

LC4 software Stock R35 10.7 QM.

LC4 is now available for any R35 now aswell

Not confuse anyone it has been tuned to stage2ish

But lc4 is the launch program which is in the 2011 gtr's. Ecutek and Cobb have decoded the stock tcm Ecu on the 2011 and have added it so it can be uploaded to any gtr tcm Ecu from 2007+ but the better news is it is now fully adjustable in a new beta ecutek code. So launch at any any rpm if you have the parts to do it is possible.

Bit of an Update

As i was planning on fitting some Whifbitz downpipes to the GTR i also added a set of Whifbitz 1000cc GTR Injectors to keep the injector duties within safe levels after the VE of the engine has been unleashed with the last cats removed by the downpipes.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]142214[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]142215[/ATTACH]

Back to the dyno monday but after abit of tweaking on the boost control on the test track it feels and sounds awesome.

Also check out the new beta adjustable launch on the ecutek which can allows you to tweak your launch for any surface now. Only ecutek remaps can do this. Back the brits ;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21675905/RaceROM%20Launch%20Control.MOV

Prices

Custom R35 GTR 2007-2012 Remaps for £575 (which includes Ecutek licence £200 alone)

Dyno tuned at SRR and Road tweaked after to maximise acceleration on the road with gear tuning.

2011+ Gearbox Updates on Earlier GTR with Fully adjustable launch only £285

No GTR Tax on these prices

What are you expecting, power wise? What is the limit of the stock engine/gearbox?

I must admit, I am happy with the current state of tune (panel filters, ypipe, cobbs) with LC4 and stage 2. Car is great to drive.... Only thing left to do, is fit the front and rear cameras :) May consider the rest of the exhaust next year, but its so quick as is!

What are you expecting, power wise? What is the limit of the stock engine/gearbox?

I must admit, I am happy with the current state of tune (panel filters, ypipe, cobbs) with LC4 and stage 2. Car is great to drive.... Only thing left to do, is fit the front and rear cameras :) May consider the rest of the exhaust next year, but its so quick as is!

Sure Jurgen mentioned to me 700hp was the max safe limit for the engine.

He must be feeling confident of the new mods, Ryan sent me a text today asking if i want to get the cars out for a tear up :D sadly my car is with baldy getting the front wings and tailgate sprayed, soon mate.
the cheeky bugger lol but with his new mods he should do a 10.7 @130 131 moph on street tyres maybe better with launch control..

to be fair even with 650bhp on his R35 or so not many cars will do tens on streets - you will need to race with from a roll to beat him.