The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2Bartuning now ventures into the GTR world - Ecutek and Syvecs

Ryan.G

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant stop looking at GTR's for sale, Ive got a big GTR want after going out in Ryans, saving hard.

Go for a drive in one... It changes everything! When I looked, they werent even on my list, then Jurgen said, just go take one for a drive. And I have loved it ever since!!! Tested a fair bit as well ;)

Hi Chris

I have not weighed mine but book figure is around 1700kg, but you dont feel all the weight when corning.

Yup S8 will be advertised as a package for GTR's

You mean use a Pot for variable control. Yes you can use this if wanted but its better to have the rotary switch with locking positions so that you know exactly what setting you are in.

Will test it out on the strip soon when i have popular launch control with retard. Dont get me wrong it launches like a rocket now but will need more on strip.

With mine being stock ride height it went on the ramps easy but if lowered like yours it would be a pain

As Jurgen has Said it is the best car i have driven to date all round. Being able to do 60 in under 3 seconds, 190+ top speed, corner like my old kit car, used to its full in the wet but then use to go to the shops with its massive boot makes it all an round winner. Plus i hate to say it i love it having auto gearbox control as an option for when you feeling lazy.

Only downside for me is just how big they are when it comes to parking!

It seems everyone that goes in mine wants one! Whiffin has one now and 2 of my mates are selling there other cars for one.

This is worth a watch ;)

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2011/11/02/another-exclusive-out-take-from-powered-up-jeremy-and-the-nissan-gt-r/

Good to hear the "love" and yes auto is nice if dont fancy gears... but for me, the cruise control is soooo cool!!!

Go for a drive in one... It changes everything! When I looked, they werent even on my list, then Jurgen said, just go take one for a drive. And I have loved it ever since!!! Tested a fair bit as well ;)

Ive driven a stock 2011 car, it didnt impress me as much as i thought it would tbh, Ryans car is a different beast, far better.

Im pretty sure i want one, I dont have enough savings right now and dont want finance, im happy to wait.

I cant stop looking at GTR's for sale, Ive got a big GTR want after going out in Ryans, saving hard.

We have my next car in the workshop at the moment, similar money for the cheapest I can find but im having one ............................Aston Martin Vanquish

Guest kenblockseal
whats your thoughts then mate.

i cant wait for march to be back out in mine.

Mines comes from Newcastle Jurgen, im picking up up on Thursday once the plates are swapped.

It has a Y pipe, im going to put bigger intake pipework with some uprated panel filters, a bigger exhaust system and a ECUtek license or a Cobb onto it.

Mines comes from Newcastle Jurgen, im picking up up on Thursday once the plates are swapped.

It has a Y pipe, im going to put bigger intake pipework with some uprated panel filters, a bigger exhaust system and a ECUtek license or a Cobb onto it.

Just give us a shout mate if you need any info. And got a map with your name on it

So that's :-

Me,

You,

Kevin,

Ross

All for a 2013 entry into the GT-R world.

Jurgen might do a group buy.

You can add me to the list :D Although it might be a bit sooner with any luck! Good to hear your getting into them Ryan! I was looking at one at the weekend and it had the Y-Pipe, Exhaust, Intakes, 1000cc injectors and the Cobb (which was cool as it had switchable maps off the steering wheel :cool:). What 'MY' is yours Ryan? I really fancy at least a MY10 because of the minor updates but I really want the Sat Nav!

You can add me to the list :D Although it might be a bit sooner with any luck! Good to hear your getting into them Ryan! I was looking at one at the weekend and it had the Y-Pipe, Exhaust, Intakes, 1000cc injectors and the Cobb (which was cool as it had switchable maps off the steering wheel :cool:). What 'MY' is yours Ryan? I really fancy at least a MY10 because of the minor updates but I really want the Sat Nav!

Yeah on the Ecutek/Cobb you can switch maps, change boost etc all on the steering wheels. Would suggest getting a standard spec unless the car has had a proper custom map done as most Cobb have just downloaded maps!!! All Ecuteks are custom tunes

Mine is a MY09 as would rather spend less on the 09/10 and then tune than buy a new one

If your down south give us a shout and you can have a go.

Ryan

Looking more and more at GTRs too which I think would be better than an upgrade to the TTRS :p MY10+ all the way but unfortunately they still hold the prices very well and are all £45k+ :(

Yeah I know matey this is what I want! http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3358821.htm

Yeah on the Ecutek/Cobb you can switch maps, change boost etc all on the steering wheels. Would suggest getting a standard spec unless the car has had a proper custom map done as most Cobb have just downloaded maps!!! All Ecuteks are custom tunes

Mine is a MY09 as would rather spend less on the 09/10 and then tune than buy a new one

If your down south give us a shout and you can have a go.

Ryan

Yeah your probably right Ryan I've driven a MY11 and MY09 and to my very untrained eye I couldn't tell any real difference TBH as the 09 was running the later gearbox software etc. Love to have a go in yours! How much does it cost to go from stock to 600 ish HP? How much do you think the stock engine and gearbox will take? Have you/are you taking any extend warranty?

Cheers

Guest kenblockseal

Will do Ryan, im going to smoke it standard for a few weeks to get used to it then start playing with it.

i was just reading the ECUtek vs CObb debate on GTROC, I seen your posts, I dont think you will ever be able to move alot of them away from Cobb as its been brainwashed into alot of the owners that its the only choice.

I went for a MY10 for the nav , Plus i test drove a 09 in the dealers with 20k miles and it drove like a dog, and looked like one.