The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2Bartuning now ventures into the GTR world - Ecutek and Syvecs

Ryan.G

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you expecting, power wise? What is the limit of the stock engine/gearbox?

I must admit, I am happy with the current state of tune (panel filters, ypipe, cobbs) with LC4 and stage 2. Car is great to drive.... Only thing left to do, is fit the front and rear cameras :) May consider the rest of the exhaust next year, but its so quick as is!

The key for me with the car is to get a flat torque curve of 600ftlb when on boost

The more Torque the more pressure on the rods and is why people have been bending them. Due to the cylinder pressure getting too much for the stock sintered conrods. A ping of Det at around 650ftlb is not something the stock rods can take for long. But then it seems im the only one who where det cans when doing them as everyone else raves about the knock control on the gtr but im not 100% on it as i have heard det on the cans and the stock ecu done nothing about it!

All these e-mail maps on the cobb scare the crap out of me

530 bhp it is - the GTR`s transmission is so good that a 530 bhp R35 competes with 700bhp rwd cars, 700bhp r35 vs 1000bhp rwd and 1000bhp r35 vs 1300bhp rwd.

the transmission helps it a lot.

J

That car is not stock mate it states tuned so guessing around 600bhp on a my11

Ryan

Apparently it makes 523 at the wheels

http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-GT-R-Timeslip-22869.html

There's a few more that trap the same but make around 550 at the wheels.

That makes a little more sense now. At that weight you gotta have over 650 ATF to trap a 125-127.

Still damn impressive ET though.

Jurgen have you had the new launch software setup in yours now?

That is some great pricing Ryan! Especially with the results your gonna be getting once your finished with them.

Thought my R34 had sold yesterday :( and I would be GTR shopping next week :(

Oww well can't wait to get one! Is it right the front brakes are 1800-2000 for a new front set? Was out in a Lichfield done one on Friday night and it was amazing how well it cornered in the rain at pace! The only thing I would miss is the 4 foot flames I currently get out of mine and the open screamer lol :D

Are you going to done any tuning packages Ryan? Like the others are doing sort of one stop shop, i.e. injectors, Y, DP, filters and map? Also with the ECUTek is that a re-write of the stock ecu? Wish you lived 'up-north' mate (although I bet you don't lol).

Thought my R34 had sold yesterday :( and I would be GTR shopping next week :(

Oww well can't wait to get one! Is it right the front brakes are 1800-2000 for a new front set? Was out in a Lichfield done one on Friday night and it was amazing how well it cornered in the rain at pace! The only thing I would miss is the 4 foot flames I currently get out of mine and the open screamer lol :D

Are you going to done any tuning packages Ryan? Like the others are doing sort of one stop shop, i.e. injectors, Y, DP, filters and map? Also with the ECUTek is that a re-write of the stock ecu? Wish you lived 'up-north' mate (although I bet you don't lol).

Thats a shame... the GTRs are brilliant... even my pokey 2010 - 480bhp (which actually made 499.5bhp @ SRR - stock) model :) best car purchase I have ever made!!!

Not sure on the price of the standard brakes, but I am pretty sure I priced-up up-rated replacements for around the 1400 for the fronts and 1200 for the rears, not sure on current prices, but I would definitely go up-rated once the standard ones are finished

Thats a shame... the GTRs are brilliant... even my pokey 2010 - 480bhp (which actually made 499.5bhp @ SRR - stock) model :) best car purchase I have ever made!!!

Not sure on the price of the standard brakes, but I am pretty sure I priced-up up-rated replacements for around the 1400 for the fronts and 1200 for the rears, not sure on current prices, but I would definitely go up-rated once the standard ones are finished

Ah ok though it was a bit inflated! Yeah I got the figure from GTROC and as Jurgen points out there is a lot of 'wallet waving'! Clearly they're all very wealthy and like to talk about it ;) :D

we can do it here if you want to travel to newcastle

Nice one you'll have to send over some prices :) Who does the mapping? Ryan? Just need to get rid of the 34 first :(

Hi Rob

I will be working with a few traders around the UK Including Jurgen and Whifbitz who will be doing the installation of the parts and then i will be doing the mapping on the dyno at either SRR or up at Jurgens brothers dyno.

Downpipes now mapped. Was expecting more but the Downpipe cats flow very well for cats so must be big cells and why Nissan fitted the more restrictive cats further back in the exhaust system part of the ypipes to keep egts down and backpressure lower.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]142308[/ATTACH]

For the hassle of 6 hours worth of work though im not sure its worth 14bhp and potentially having to buy new lambda sensors as the metal hardness of the lambdas is very soft compared to the cast downpipes and the thread strips on the lambdas which cost £250+vat each!! Luckily we soaked then and heat treated them to get them out!

Goes well though! Pulls 1G in first and second gear on the onboard accel meter :D

Charlie @ SRR just amused me as all the stage 3 Gtrs done elsewhere he has had on the dyno made the same as i did at stage 1 :D

How are all the GTR boys taking that news?

Impressive figures you are getting out of it, looking forward to the progress, one of my dream cars and also one i will never be able to afford :(