The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2Bartuning now ventures into the GTR world - Ecutek and Syvecs

Ryan.G

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice, will be good to see if you can get the S8 running everything, a mammoth task, I can only imagine the work just reading all the CAN data. I am tempted to post up a poll as to how long before you strip it and flat bottom it though :)

Now, where's the "changes.txt" for the new Syvecs software, young man? I hope it's not all in favour of GTR owners.... :)

Just so happens a mate of mine is just about to buy a GTR - might be a good opportunity for you to take him for a ride when I drop my car off for the Syvecs ;)

No Probs

Mate, Just a thought, any chance of sticking it on Dans dyno next time you are over there? would end the argument on what % to use to convert hub bhp to fwhp.

Will do

Ryan, is there any reason you're using the S8 over the S6? Is it due to the number of sensor inputs needed?

Bingo

Very nice, will be good to see if you can get the S8 running everything, a mammoth task, I can only imagine the work just reading all the CAN data. I am tempted to post up a poll as to how long before you strip it and flat bottom it though :)

Now, where's the "changes.txt" for the new Syvecs software, young man? I hope it's not all in favour of GTR owners.... :)

Will get Pat to add them but thought they were adder. Its mainly just the worksheet stuff where you can setup custom windows in the software.

Nice looking car... sadly, I have already purchased a Cobbs AccessPort for my GTR. Have you had a play with the new gearbox software (LC4)? Mine made 499.5bhp @ SRR in completely standard form.

The ypipe is a lovely mod, should be standard on these cars :D

Were you at SRR the other week graham in the red GTR? As i thought it was you! If so love the red Gtr!

I dont understand why everyone gets the cobb and just uploads a map from either web or GTC. Such a risk on such a performance engine where when modified needs a custom tune.

For half the price you could have got an Ecutek race rom map with 2 custom maps by a full time mappper on SRR and new 2011 Gearbox software.

It Mad!

Were you at SRR the other week graham in the red GTR? As i thought it was you! If so love the red Gtr!

I dont understand why everyone gets the cobb and just uploads a map from either web or GTC. Such a risk on such a performance engine where when modified needs a custom tune.

For half the price you could have got an Ecutek race rom map with 2 custom maps by a full time mappper on SRR and new 2011 Gearbox software.

It Mad!

Yeah that was me and my GTR. you looked real busy so let you get on. Red was my first choice and love it!!

I went cobbs as ecutek was only at litchfield which is to far if I have an issue. I only use cobbs for gearbox LC4 and valet and anti theft maps. Im running filters and Ypipe but don't want to up the boost. Only just found that you were ecutek'ing them now.

My sti is running ecutek, so would have gone that route.

Popped over to whifbitz to try there new Race Y Pipe, Nice saving on the weight also.

So Still running the standard exhaust system wih just a Race y pipe and 76mm intake kit i got this late last night. Still only running 1.1bar dropping to 1bar. Kept the peak torque/cylinder pressues down to preserve stock rods.

Next Whifbitz Downpipes and ID1000's

Ryan

What does the car weigh Ryan? Have you had it on a weighbridge or scales? Cheers, will the S8 be offered as a commercial option with loom adaptor for these cars, in due course?

As an aside, is it possible to use a variable resistor instead of say a ten position switch for ecu control, example, boost control or traction control?

What does the car weigh Ryan? Have you had it on a weighbridge or scales? Cheers, will the S8 be offered as a commercial option with loom adaptor for these cars, in due course?

As an aside, is it possible to use a variable resistor instead of say a ten position switch for ecu control, example, boost control or traction control?

Hi Chris

I have not weighed mine but book figure is around 1700kg, but you dont feel all the weight when corning.

Yup S8 will be advertised as a package for GTR's

You mean use a Pot for variable control. Yes you can use this if wanted but its better to have the rotary switch with locking positions so that you know exactly what setting you are in.

cool figures, your car should just get a 10 sec QM time now (amazing time for the small mods).

wait till you do the DP (noise changes incredibly).

also they are a royal pain* to get on ramps lol

*mod edit to remove swearing

Will test it out on the strip soon when i have popular launch control with retard. Dont get me wrong it launches like a rocket now but will need more on strip.

With mine being stock ride height it went on the ramps easy but if lowered like yours it would be a pain

lovely figures Ryan... what are your thoughts of the car now (VS the hype)?

As Jurgen has Said it is the best car i have driven to date all round. Being able to do 60 in under 3 seconds, 190+ top speed, corner like my old kit car, used to its full in the wet but then use to go to the shops with its massive boot makes it all an round winner. Plus i hate to say it i love it having auto gearbox control as an option for when you feeling lazy.

Only downside for me is just how big they are when it comes to parking!

I cant stop looking at GTR's for sale, Ive got a big GTR want after going out in Ryans, saving hard.

It seems everyone that goes in mine wants one! Whiffin has one now and 2 of my mates are selling there other cars for one.

This is worth a watch ;)

http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2011/11/02/another-exclusive-out-take-from-powered-up-jeremy-and-the-nissan-gt-r/

How come march mate? waiting for other bits?
just waiting on my eye to improve mate,. the engine is built up already just needs aux on etc and turbos on and it would take 2-3days tops to have it running.

but then am also waiting on my new titanium 102mm system and the new greddy cast manifolds replacements for tubalur ones that are on recall.

will also be fitting a surge tank and some extra guages too over the winter.