The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2Bartuning now ventures into the GTR world - Ecutek and Syvecs

Ryan.G

After recieving lots of E-mails about Nissan GTR tuning i had to bite the bullet and sell the supras to get one and bring the R&D of tuning our big horsepower supras to the GTR world. The GTR scene in the UK currently has no full time engine mappers working on the VQ38DETT and the way tuning is done on the them at present is very backwards in reletion to how things are done in the 2JZ world with big power.

I have purchased the Ecutek package for the GTR to use for 80% of the GTR tuning as it is very powerful and and then will be using the logging features on the ecutek to gain info on the canbus and tcm ecu so we can get the Syvecs S8 controlling the engine 100% and not piggybacked on meaning the DBW units are still being controlled via the stock ecu.

This will then allows all the joys of fitting the syvecs like engine trips for drop in pressure, extra sensor inputs and outputs, onboard datalogging, customer interaction, nitrous control, proper launch control with retard, etc etc to be used on the high end GTR's

I popped the new GTR on the dyno at SRR and it made a healthy 497bhp

I then got to work with the ecutek software on the completely stock car and did some proper R&D on monitoring exhaust back pressures, gas temps and mass airflow monitoring to find the perfect cam timing, ignition timing and fueling setup on the dyno to find what boost you could run maximum with stock exhaust system before the backpressures and egts got to hot.

After a whole day on the dyno i came up with this..

The next day i decided to change out the restrictive intakes on the car to a 76mm kit from GTC which for the price i was shocked to find bits of aluminium swarf clining on inside the pipe. Luckily Whifbitz is just making all there own bits which i know will be 100 times better.

After cleaning out Jamie popped over to give us a hand (thanks mate) and ended up with the below

Purple - Stock

Green - Stock Mapped @1bar

Red - 76mm Intakes Mapped @1bar

Next is a the Whifbitz Y Pipe which removes 2 of the cats and a remap.

Then its Whifbitz downpipes and Injectors

Will update with graphs for the other bits next week when i have some time to work on gtr again

Here are a few pics of the car, its a 09/10 UK car which is still in brand new condition and under warranty. On the oil temp logs its never gone over 100c! Nissan were shocked! and its mad for the price i paid for it!

Ryan

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kenblockseal

Excellant results Ryan, i have a test drive booked on one this week from the Edinburgh HPC.

I was going to go for an exhsaust, ypipe, intake kit and forge front mount set up for it, Then get you to map it.

Great Work Ryan, close to a 100bhp increase on very basic mods. What the max that the engine can be pushed to safely without any internal mods?

Some have pushed it to 700bhp but the key is to keep the torque down as other wise the cylinder pressures have caused rods to bend.

Excellant results Ryan, i have a test drive booked on one this week from the Edinburgh HPC.

I was going to go for an exhsaust, ypipe, intake kit and forge front mount set up for it, Then get you to map it.

Standard they are not that much fun but when they are tuned they really open up

well done wizz kid :D

So is that now your GT-R then? not a bad trade for a couple of supras!! :)

It is matey, not a fan of the damn size of it but i needed to get one in order to do some R&D on it

blimey! great work ryan. Still must of been hard to sell the track supra but nice replacement

If you had seen my face mate you would have seen how hard it was. The thrill factor was just amazing and im not sure the GTR will give me that unless i loose 200kg from it and another 100hp

Your going to leave us!!! :(

Dont worry mate this is the only forum i really go on and it wont change! I live feel mapping supra's is the best job for me

Very nice mate, looking forward to working with you on this one, plenty of new parts will be on there way soon.... http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/nissan-exhaust-downpipes-c-28_195_971.html

:thumbs: See you later ;)

Is the Ecutek package a piggyback or ECU interrogation software Ryan?

as from experience the std Nissan N/A V series ECU is a real pain, as it runs active live fuel and timing trim, which doesn't allow you to change things in closed loop, well thats with the 350Z/350GT, but i would imagine the GTR ECU is even more so?

If you venture into the N/A side of things, you could probably do very well, as all thats available is the Up Rev and some licensed re-mappers, with your talent i suspect you may be able to improve on that.