The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do-luck Bonnet

Rob_Mitchell

Had simon down this morning to check the bonnet fitment out and we are both confident of getting the bonnet to fit nice. The work needed would cause me to repaint the front end of my car which im not prepared to do as the paint is a fortune and it would also mean a full repaint as its an aftermarket colour. There are a couple of issues underneath the bonnet but they can be sorted no problem and it seems every doluck owners bonnet has suffered the same problems as mine.

Im gutted as the bonnet looks the nuts and i know it will fit with extra work and time but im just not prepared to paint the car again for the sake of a bonnet.

Im open to offers but this is a rare bonnet and ideal for a project where the bodywork needs doing ect. Baldy has stenghened all the areas which are common aready and also cut the aerocatches into the bonnet with custom spacer rings included.

Aerocatches also included with the sale.

offers

collection only or you sort the couriour out

attachment.php?attachmentid=140987&stc=1&d=1319887561

attachment.php?attachmentid=140988&stc=1&d=1319887561

mark these never fit 100% without work,

as rob has stated he doesn't want to repaint the front of the car again.

its the same with most fibreglass body kits. It will fit but its all about how far you are prepared to go to the the fit right

What needs doing to make it fit?

I needs work jamie and alot of time spent by a bodyshop, i really wanted it on the car but my wings would definately need to have work done and obviously down both side repainted... where do i stop with the paintwork! i would rather cut my loses and get a bit of the money back. Ill post a link from suprafourms as many have the same problems as me but they also seem to repair them in the same way as i would have on mine.

Shame, id like one on mine but that sounds like serious work.

Its a pita mate. looks the nuts but i cant afford to repaint my car for the sake of a bonnet. Ideal for a project car,as the front end can be juggled around and worked with, it also dont help that my skirts are flushed into the wings.

Not for me, but it might help with a potential buyer making their mind up.....

Who would be on for making it fit? Would yourself or Simon be able to make it fit? A rough estimate on the amount of £ it would take to get it looking good, even an estimate, would probably help no end.

Same as, if it was cheap i might be tempted to take the risk mate.

Im open to offers. If i can get a bit of money back on repair work baldy done then it gets the bonnet out my hair. Its just unrealistic for me to paint the car again due to the orange colour and getting that right. Its just one of them fibreglass products that needs alot of work in my eyes

Not for me, but it might help with a potential buyer making their mind up.....

Who would be on for making it fit? Would yourself or Simon be able to make it fit? A rough estimate on the amount of £ it would take to get it looking good, even an estimate, would probably help no end.

I wouldnt take it on due to not having the time and my dad not being well. Baldy done waynes one which was also sitting high but wayne had new front bumper and fibreglass wings, so baldy could marry up the bonnet nice and build the rest to suite around the bonnet., this is why ideally it needs to go to a project car or someone wanting a front end repaint

I wouldnt take it on due to not having the time and my dad not being well. Baldy done waynes one which was also sitting high but wayne had new front bumper and fibreglass wings, so baldy could marry up the bonnet nice and build the rest to suite around the bonnet., this is why ideally it needs to go to a project car or someone wanting a front end repaint

I understand that bud, but you're alienating people who don't have a project on the go.

How much would it be to fit, build up the wings and repaint what needs re-painted.

I understand that bud, but you're alienating people who don't have a project on the go.

How much would it be to fit, build up the wings and repaint what needs re-painted.

not sure mate. im in a sticky situation because i dont want to mug someone off and im trying to be as honest as possible. its not a cheap bonnet and it needs ALOT of work. perhaps my price is unrealistic for something which needs more work done, im not sure? someone needs to come along and fancy a go at doing the work. im going to remove the price for now and ill have a decent think about what to do with regards to losing more money.

Had a good think about this and im putting the bonnet for sale for £450 collected, im basically giving the bonnet away and just getting some money back which i paid baldy to repair the catch areas and cut the catches in.

I know ill regret it but its ideal for someone who is doing a build were the wings can be built up ect.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.