The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone with younger kids watch Peppa Pig?

Scott

My little girl is going through a mini-phase with this show. She is ill at the moment so has been watching more TV while chilling than usual so I've been pretty much forced to watch it.

I don't really understand how this is getting passed off as childrens television. IMO it isn't fit to be shown to young kids. Anyone that has seen it might know what I'm on about, for those that don't it's about a family of pigs with Peppa being the older sister of 2 siblings. She has a little brother who she basically terrorises through the entire series. He worships the ground she walks on yet she is constantly cruel to him, taking advantage etc.

Now, this is probably a reasonable portrayal of real life but surely the younger generation should be taught about sharing, kindness and friendliness rather than bullying and selfishness right from the off?

It'll be In the Night Garden from now on :D

Isabelle loved it for a good year, i know it word for word, she has just stopped watching it and moved on the disney Tarzan now.

I said to her the other day if she wanted to go on a boat ride with daddy, she replied "like grandad pigs boat?" i said yeah a bit like it, she then said "grandad pig sinks his boat, Im not going on one of them" :D

there's pepper pig characters at flame and thunder tomorrow, wonder if anyone shares the same resentment to pepper pig as you and takes one out lol now that would be funny to see.

Hahaha :D

To be honest I don't really resent it that much, it's still on, I just find it strange that a kids show would have so much bullying in it.

You have to admit that it is funny when they all fall over laughing/snorting :D

When you think about it, it's not half as bad as what we saw, Tom & jerry wanting to kill each other, that scary witch from chortle and the wheelies, terrahawks *shudder*

You have to admit that it is funny when they all fall over laughing/snorting :D

When you think about it, it's not half as bad as what we saw, Tom & jerry wanting to kill each other, that scary witch from chortle and the wheelies, terrahawks *shudder*

They aren't family members with family values and morals though. That's cat and mouse (and dog) which is allowed :D

ive watched it a few times...and im 21 :D only out of complete and utter boredom though

That's pretty wierd to be honest. I'd rather watch the "channel not available" screen from Virgin than choose to watch Peppa (or ITNG for that matter).

Scott i really hope your 1st post in tongue in cheek??

If not dude you really gotta get out and see the world dude! ;)

It was and it wasn't. I don't REALLY care, I just find it strange that someone would have this sort of idea for a young kids show. It's as if they have pent up aggression to their sibling or someting.

Anyway I'll get out more once my wee girl is better. For now, and as long as she needs me in the house giving her a hug in front of whatever dross she wants to watch, I'll do what needs to be done :)

At least its not as bad as a program on nickleodean (or however ya spell it lol) calling each other butt munch and butt monkeys. Bit much for a kid. Pepper pig drives me mad as have to watch the dvd at least 5 times when madam wants it on. But at least i can easily distract her from that by watching back to the future or any of the fast and furious films haha

It'll be In the Night Garden from now on :D

Haha scott :D

My lads have grown up a bit now!!

It was Thomas the tank every day till he was 2 then he discoverd JAWS :D

Then it was Jurassic Park, thought I would get him into films early. Pepper pig hey??

You seem more of a Hello Kitty kinda guy Scotty :jester:

Haha scott :D

My lads have grown up a bit now!!

It was Thomas the tank every day till he was 2 then he discoverd JAWS :D

Then it was Jurassic Park, thought I would get him into films early. Pepper pig hey??

You seem more of a Hello Kitty kinda guy Scotty :jester:

She has loads of Hello Kitty stuff but we haven't watched any yet :)

There's a Peppa pig world theme park now and everything.

Every young child I know loves it - and so do their parents! Can't think that the age range that watch it are the target for moral messages. Perhaps if they're 5 then yeah. I've not really seen it but doesn't everything tend to right itself by the end of the episode? In the night garden is scary as hell.

Come on Scott, youre a Scotsman, get Supergran downloaded for her!! :D

I actually toyed with that, I had the theme tune in my head a few weeks back and it planted the seed.

The trouble is I really enjoyed it as a kid. As with most things I'm willing to bet that if I got a hold of some of the episodes I would be infinitely disappointed by how bad the show actually is :D

There's a Peppa pig world theme park now and everything.

Every young child I know loves it - and so do their parents! Can't think that the age range that watch it are the target for moral messages. Perhaps if they're 5 then yeah. I've not really seen it but doesn't everything tend to right itself by the end of the episode? In the night garden is scary as hell.

Some of the episodes right themselves at the end with everyone laughing at Peppa yeah. I guess I never thought about what messages would actually get soaked in at that age though.

EVERYBODY. LOVES. JUMPING. UP AND DOWN. IN. MUDDY PUDDLES.

Get with the program.

Night Garden is just odd. It's basically a mash up of "Teletubbies" and "The Prisoner". With hoopoes.

That's a great analogy of the show, pretty much spot on lol.

yes pepper pig does not promote for a well behaved child, it does promote crying when anything goes wrong to get your own way, i steared my daughter away from it. mickey mouse club house good as it is ejucational and they do exercise so good to get them young thinking of fitness.