The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mate of mine got mugged this morning

hogmaw

Two little [insert your choice of expletive here] with hoodies on bikes just snatched his iphone out of his hand. Crazy considering it was broad daylight on a busy street, and my mate isn't exactly an old lady or anything, in fact he does marathon running, but with them on bikes he stood no chance of catching them.

So now we're trying to use the 'find my iphone' app on the net. Will this work ok even if the phone is switched off or has the SIM removed? I still can't believe it happened. Lesson here is to take care and keep hold of your phone even when out and about!

Two little [insert your choice of expletive here] with hoodies on bikes just snatched his iphone out of his hand. Crazy considering it was broad daylight on a busy street, and my mate isn't exactly an old lady or anything, in fact he does marathon running, but with them on bikes he stood no chance of catching them.

So now we're trying to use the 'find my iphone' app on the net. Will this work ok even if the phone is switched off or has the SIM removed? I still can't believe it happened. Lesson here is to take care and keep hold of your phone even when out and about!

I think you have to have the app on your phone itself, not sure about anything else though. Hope he finds it!

Makes me so mad when I read stuff like this. I live on a busy (by day) High Street and at night it becomes the collection point for every scum bag in the town, and many on silly bikes with squeaky brakes. They scream and shout till the early hours and have no respect or fear for anyone including the police.

Bloke from the office was mugged outside a cashpoint last week, two blokes pounced on him broke his nose and scared him into giving them his PIN and they then maxed his daily cash limit for him, nice. That was in Central London.

Why didnt he just give them a fake pin?

I think its seriously time for some sort of action to this shit involving fire violence an showing the little c###s whos boss needs to happen accross the whole country everyone knows who it is in there local area mob handed violence would put em all in. There place

Why didnt he just give them a fake pin?

I think its seriously time for some sort of action to this shit involving fire violence an showing the little c###s whos boss needs to happen accross the whole country everyone knows who it is in there local area mob handed violence would put em all in. There place

If two blokes had just scared you *.*less and broke your nose, would you have given them a fake pin?

If two blokes had just scared you *.*less and broke your nose, would you have given them a fake pin?

If they were using the cash point and holding me there until it worked, then no. If they wanted the number and were going to leg it, then yes.

Either way, I'm careful as to who's around when I'm using cash points.

If they were using the cash point and holding me there until it worked, then no. If they wanted the number and were going to leg it, then yes.

Either way, I'm careful as to who's around when I'm using cash points.

They wanted the cash from the atm there and then. The poor bloke is a real quiet guy and only joined us as an Architect a few weeks ago. He has not been into work since and we only know what he told the boss when he called in last week. When he comes back in I am sure we will find out more. We are curious to find out exactly where it happened and the circumstance around it.

Yeh looks like he didn't have the app on his phone (another lesson to learn - if you have an iphone then it's a good idea to get it) and it happened so fast the scrotes were off peddling like mad he had no cchance of catching them. The police were pretty good in following it up, I think they know that if they don't catch them soon then it will only happen again and again.

This is North Kensington in London btw.

He has not been into work since and we only know what he told the boss when he called in last week.

You may want to get someone round to see him regulary as he might start to suffer from agoraphobia, i know a few it has happened to in very similar circumstances

Yeh looks like he didn't have the app on his phone (another lesson to learn - if you have an iphone then it's a good idea to get it) and it happened so fast the scrotes were off peddling like mad he had no cchance of catching them. The police were pretty good in following it up, I think they know that if they don't catch them soon then it will only happen again and again.

This is North Kensington in London btw.

I think its mad and stupid people are trying to steal smart phones and androids as once its reported lost or stolen and the IMEI number is blocked it cant be used in this country

Little scotes like this need finding and given a good kicking

Sorry to hear about your mate, my heart goes out to anyone who has experienced the brutality of a mugging.

Two lower life forms thought they'd mug my older sister as she left work in London one night.

One can probably now be medically described as a woman and the other may very well be breathing through a hole in his neck. Such was the hachet job she did on them.

Never mess with a girl with red hair and a black belt. Mother Nature herself combined those two colours as a warning!

as a kid when I use to live in hackney London I was mugged 2 times that was before I was 12 I think that's London life. I never gave them up they had to take it of me. they all shit and cowards who are lazy and useless to world and need shooting get rid I say. I can see how someone quiet can make them feel very scared of life tho after being mugd. not nice and shouldn't happen.

A phone can not be communicated with if it is switched off. If a sim is removed, you will also have the same problem as a connection relies on your sim card.

It is possible that if the phone is switched off, the last place the phone was detected could be stored online. But this may not be of great help to you unless it was within a home.

Also, you must have an app to allow you to do this.

A phone can not be communicated with if it is switched off. If a sim is removed, you will also have the same problem as a connection relies on your sim card.

It is possible that if the phone is switched off, the last place the phone was detected could be stored online. But this may not be of great help to you unless it was within a home.

Also, you must have an app to allow you to do this.

As long as the phone has a battery and enough charge it can be communicated with and traced even with out a sim as it tracks the IMEI number

The phone can be monitored and the camera and mic be used

Trust me i have seen it done a few times

As long as the phone has a battery and enough charge it can be communicated with and traced even with out a sim as it tracks the IMEI number

And they say big brothers not watching you!..well if they want to they can!

The riots just show out of hands these youts are & I in my spare time try to help them.

Honestly a harsher punishment & education is the only way to solve this.

Bring back the days when you wouldn't dare to lit up a fag in front of your uncle's dog.

Yup, part of my job within the forces...