The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Any Close protection people on here?

TubbyTwo

Looking at a complete career change at the moment, its been in my mind for the last few years and im becoming more and more interested in it.

Im looking at a few options, one of which is Royal Military Police with the aim of going into the close protection years down the line.

So, anyone on here involved with these areas? If so any advice, guidance etc would be great.

Looking at a complete career change at the moment, its been in my mind for the last few years and im becoming more and more interested in it.

Im looking at a few options, one of which is Royal Military Police with the aim of going into the close protection years down the line.

So, anyone on here involved with these areas? If so any advice, guidance etc would be great.

I am in this line of work and have been for many years including my dad and uncle(now retired) brother and many friends we come from a military back ground and i can tell you now depending on what kind of cp work you want to do joining the RMP will not get you much work you need to go into an infantry unit the norm for the most amount of work is (Para,marines,green howards, etc etc) sorry let me just correct myself as the green mushrooms are now part of the rifle regiment (shows how long i've been out)

then after years of service preferably where you have seen some action you will be able to try,

but its still not that easy as you will still need to get an SIA license which ain't cheap, but don't let this put you off its not easy and takes many years but the rewards can be very good if you live through it, and that is no exageration as i have had many friends die and come too close myself i hope this info helps

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

sorry i couldnt resist

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

sorry i couldnt resist

I was quite taken with that little speech.

sorry i couldnt resist

awesome film!

sorry i couldnt resist

one of the best movies of recent years - I feel the need to watch it again now :)

If at all possible... not sure how different the RAF is to the USAF but... do it without having the military as an option. I mean, it's great for your career as a young person but only if you're prepared to deal with the crap they do. I'm in the USAF and planned on doing the career (20+years) but I tell ya what, my mind has completely changed after seeing how they treat people. Award those who are retarded and stupid and punish those how actually try and care about their career. It's not a joy ride that's for sure. ntm, if you have a family, it'll just make spending time with them hard as you're probably going to be gone for months at a time if not a year at a time with the field you're trying to go for. :D

sorry i couldnt resist

Slightly adapted version for my voicemail :D

Hi mate,

I work with a few lads who are/have been in the RMP CP team. Not really sure what you are after, but as a very brief broard brush the general skills you will need/be taught are...

Fitness (normally the RMP are not the fittest of soldiers but the CP teams are very fit (for RMP))

Driving - Defensive and extrication

CQB skills

And very tounge in cheek.... Trying to look Ally!!!

They dont use the normal range of UK weapons but can use what is best for the situation (MP5, SIG, Shotgun, DiMarco/C4 etc) and are usually a very professional bunch. There are always the stories of an ND or someone shooting themselvs in the hand/foot etc but every unit has those inc the SAS.

In short get your phys up, and general body strength. Other than that they try to keep themselves to themselves. You may be better off asking on the Army Rumour Service.

not sure how different the RAF is to the USAF but...planned on doing the career (20+years) but I tell ya what, my mind has completely changed after seeing how they treat people. Award those who are retarded and stupid and punish those how actually try and care about their career.

Yup that sums the RAF up too :D And why after 20 years service Im banging out!

To the OP we get loads of literature aimed at service leavers, and theres generally several CP companies offering courses in there. If you like I can get some names and numbers, or indeed forward you said magazines :)

join infantry regiment then join srr or sas or sbs or 18 sigs sf spend time with these guys get you sia yourself off army pay and then when you leave it will be a million times easyer to get the highest paid cp jobs ect

dont join the rifles or mercians go for paras, marines, pwrr, anglians, fuselliers (cant spell that)

Thanks Guys appreiciate all the advice and movie quotes :)

Im currently hammering my personal Fitness and looking into some private CP work, however I really do like the look of the RMP CP. Its the sort of direction I have always through about going, Im not suited to being stuck in an office all day.

Im currently hammering my personal Fitness and looking into some private CP work, however I really do like the look of the RMP CP. Its the sort of direction I have always through about going, Im not suited to being stuck in an office all day.

Yeah I guess it means being stuck in the back of a Ford Transit for 9 hours being mindlessly bored instead...until it all kicks off :D

Yeah I guess it means being stuck in the back of a Ford Transit for 9 hours being mindlessly bored instead...until it all kicks off :D

I would prefer that to IT, at the moment the only drama is running out of coffee or everyone missing a meeting.....

I need something practical and challenging to do!

I would prefer that to IT, at the moment the only drama is running out of coffee or everyone missing a meeting.....

Not forgetting you'd also be missing occasional chit-chat by the water cooler. Yep, CP probably is the better option.

Best of luck to you and now I'll leave your thread alone :)

Nah its 22 years for me too Al :)

Really, i thought the RAF retire at 55

there all really old at RAF Honington lol

I have a few mates in CP, there out at the moment but some are back in a few weeks, ill try get some info from them for you

Also supra steveo was looking to do this and has a family relative in this line of work

Hi buddy, just for info but the RMP will lose the right to provide 'single source' CP duties to the Military/FCO with effect 1st January 2012. The course will continue to be run by RMP CP staff but the actual course loading list will be derived from all elements of the armed forces.

i.e. you no longer need to be RMP to do the course.

PM me if you want any questions answering?

Then you are in the wrong role, become a SAN Storage Expert with good experience of Citrix & you will be looking at rates of £400 a day & working from country to country.

In your spare time take up MMA ;)