The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lets talk .... Single turbo clutches

Jamesy

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the Carbonetic Twin Plate carbon clutch Jamesy?

If I were you I would go with either a Carbonetic triple plate or RPS twin plate, both will future proof your car. The way your car is going, power is going up and up all the time and a single plate clutch wont cut the mustard. I can supply either clutches, if it was my car I would go with the Carbonetic personally, they are slightly nicer to use over the RPS.

Ta

If I were you I would go with either a Carbonetic triple plate or RPS twin plate, both will future proof your car. The way your car is going, power is going up and up all the time and a single plate clutch wont cut the mustard. I can supply either clutches, if it was my car I would go with the Carbonetic personally, they are slightly nicer to use over the RPS.

Ta

Thanks for the info Paul ;)

... what do you mean with "The way your car is going, power is going up and up all the time" :innocent:

P.S. Do the carbonetic clutches come with a lightened flywheel, or can I use my RPS flywheel with these?

Edited by Luxluc (see edit history)

Thanks for the info Paul ;)

... what do you mean with "The way your car is going, power is going up and up all the time" :innocent:

P.S. Do the carbonetic clutches come with a lightened flywheel, or can I use my RPS flywheel with these?

They come as a complete clutch kit with flywheel to, means you can sell your old parts and get some money back dont forget.

Southbend!!!!!!!!!!! trust me! i ran a southbend in my single at around 600hp i did one track day and a few runs on santa pod n the clutch when taken out had mear marks, it was still fresh literally and i still managed to sell it on and the new owner ragged it as well. very tough clutches and they drive like stock! honestly!

I have a Southbend in mine, it is fine for everyday use but it didn't like Supra Pod one bit. It managed 4 runs before I had to stop, I guess the heat created from the launches didn't agree :D

I will be changing to a RPS triple shortly though even though the Southbend now works fine again.