The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lets talk .... Single turbo clutches

Jamesy

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can do a group buy if there are a few takers yes.

I think the numbers would be a maximum of 5 Paul. I think there are at least 3 people looking at the RPS at the moment (myself included).

I would rather leave it till the new year but if there was a good discount going I couldn't pass it up :D

Could you crunch some numbers and see if we can get something arranged?

Cheers

I think the numbers would be a maximum of 5 Paul. I think there are at least 3 people looking at the RPS at the moment (myself included).

I would rather leave it till the new year but if there was a good discount going I couldn't pass it up :D

Could you crunch some numbers and see if we can get something arranged?

Cheers

Well the prices I'm quoting are 20% off retail anyway so there wont be much in it anyway. If I'm buying 5 clutches at once though I'm sure I'll get a bit of extra discount.

I guess I will go for a RPS carbon/carbon twin disc clutch one, maybe the triple.

Paul, can you supply the RPS twin carbon/carbon? How much would it be from yourself posted?

Cheers

Jamesy can you pm me the price too please as I no longer think my 6 puck competition clutch will handle the power I want to run.

Any idea on a price for the OSG clutch Jamesy?

pm sent guys :)

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on the Exedy Carbon D?

I checked it out at the Tokyo motor show, pedal effort is virtually same as stock. The Hi clamp version handles around 680nm (511ft.lbs) at 70deg and 830nm (615ft.lbs) at 150deg.

My plan is to go GTX35R so I reckon it will handle that torque plus some abuse at the drag strip with the carbon discs.

According to Exedy it is their best performing clutch in terms of gear noise, pedal force, shift feeling, way better than their hyper twin.

Cost is about 200000yen (1500GBP).

Opinions?

http://www.exedy-racing.com/racing/en/pro/carbon_d.html

Edited by Samurai 20V (see edit history)