The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bit of Fun!

JamieP

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking i might give it to a lad that works for us when ive cleaned it up (and had a bit of fun myself) he is a good lad that works hard for me and i think he deserves a decent bonus, some of you will have meet him at suprapod, he knows nothing of what im thinking about.

Very kind gesture that!...I'm sure the lad would be over the moon with it...

My mate had a C20LET (until he got questioned by the cops who realised it wasn't a 1.4) ... they are pretty -fast for such a small car, and a crackin' laugh!

It now dont look like spencer can get insured on it, im going to buy him a little van.

After speaking with Courtenay Sport the vauxhall tuner today i ordered full set of new shocks today from allparts only £85, got some custom made springs from Courtenay that are made for my car and designed to take the extra weight of the turbo 2.0L engine, should make for a nice ride, the intercooler has been moved back behind the bumper but this means i now need a new bumper as it has a great big hole in it, Think Ive found one local I'm going to chase up tomorrow, the car has Irmscher tinted front and rear lights which i think look terrible, Ive ordered some OEM new ones, once all thats done its off to the body shop to get looking mint, im undecided on what to do about the wheels yet, i want it looking as stock as possible but the stock wheels wont clear the brakes that are on it, i may just refurb the wheels on it in silver, pictures soon.

It now dont look like spencer can get insured on it, im going to buy him a little van.

After speaking with Courtenay Sport the vauxhall tuner today i ordered full set of new shocks today from allparts only £85, got some custom made springs from Courtenay that are made for my car and designed to take the extra weight of the turbo 2.0L engine, should make for a nice ride, the intercooler has been moved back behind the bumper but this means i now need a new bumper as it has a great big hole in it, Think Ive found one local I'm going to chase up tomorrow, the car has Irmscher tinted front and rear lights which i think look terrible, Ive ordered some OEM new ones, once all thats done its off to the body shop to get looking mint, im undecided on what to do about the wheels yet, i want it looking as stock as possible but the stock wheels wont clear the brakes that are on it, i may just refurb the wheels on it in silver, pictures soon.

Just last weekend we took 2 cars worth of various bits of crap that we had been walking around for months to the trip, including a pair of front corsa b headlights !. I am pretty sure that I still have the rear light clusters around somewhere if you would like them?

Parts for this car are so cheap.

New oem front bumper £69

New grill £6.95

Pair of new headlights £37 delivered

Pair of new rear lights £32 delivered

Full set of new shocks £85

Courtney sport springs for 2.0L conversion £75

Picking it up from my mechanics tomorrow afternoon and dropping it to the body shop, gonna make the body stock and mint, spray the wheels silver and it should be a nice stock looking car then.

Parts for this car are so cheap.

New oem front bumper £69

New grill £6.95

Pair of new headlights £37 delivered

Pair of new rear lights £32 delivered

Full set of new shocks £85

Courtney sport springs for 2.0L conversion £75

Picking it up from my mechanics tomorrow afternoon and dropping it to the body shop, gonna make the body stock and mint, spray the wheels silver and it should be a nice stock looking car then.

Are you going to sell or keep it?

Do you know what its had done to achieve 300 BHP?

Good prices on those parts! I remember taking a trip to Courtney when i had a Calibra 16v red top. They fitted a full exhaust system, intake, fast road cams and what they referred to as a group n chip. Was a totally different car, it flew :)

Look forward to the updates :thumbs:

Are you going to sell or keep it?

Do you know what its had done to achieve 300 BHP?

I doubt i will keep it long, i just enjoy messing about with different cars.

I dont have a clue whats been done to it, all the paper work is in the car still, Ive not looked through it yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been using it for weeks, starter motor packed in yesterday but its so light i can bump it by myself, ive been so busy with work ive not had a chance to drop it at the bodyshop yet, supra comes home from Baldy saturday so will get the corsa sorted soon.

Been a hoot driving it, I dont think its got the claimed 300bhp but is very fast, in the wet it wheel spins in every gear.

Im going to sell it soon though.

Ive been using it for weeks, starter motor packed in yesterday but its so light i can bump it by myself, ive been so busy with work ive not had a chance to drop it at the bodyshop yet, supra comes home from Baldy saturday so will get the corsa sorted soon.

Been a hoot driving it, I dont think its got the claimed 300bhp but is very fast, in the wet it wheel spins in every gear.

Im going to sell it soon though.

How much :eyebrows:

I have a dead 1.6 ecotek engine in my drive with a good starter motor. I have a feeling it may well be the same fitment as the C20LET. If you want to find out if it is and want it its yours foc. I will only have it for another couple of weeks though as planning a mass clean up over the christmas break

Thought you were giving it too a lad who works for you?

IIRC he couldn't get insured on it.

I have a mate with literally a back yard of spare C20XE and LET engines/parts, so I imagine he'll have a starter kickin' about somewhere bud if your after one! :)