The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gaddafi captured. Unconfirmed rumours he's dead.

johnny g

Under that definition every country in every war is guilty of terrorism then.

That's why it's not terrorism... It's war

yes but you then need to sit back and figure out which countries repeatedly start wars, either directly or through a proxy... and for what purpose.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm... it was a war. The Japanese weren't exactly innocent parties either lol. I suppose it depends on your definition of terrorism, but I don't class atrocities like this as such. For me terrorism is the act of attacking innocent civilians outside of a wartime situation.

That's the thing, the definition of terrorism is subjective really; I don't really think acts of terrorism are necessarily confined outside wartime situations at all. Even acts of the State can be construed as acts of terrorism as well as war crimes. I don't necessarily see a why both definitions cannot operate.

Either way, I think we all agree Gadaffi needed to go. Penguin, stop derailing this man!

That's the thing, the definition of terrorism is subjective really; I don't really think acts of terrorism are necessarily confined outside wartime situations at all. Even acts of the State can be construed as acts of terrorism as well as war crimes. I don't necessarily see a why both definitions cannot operate.

Either way, I think we all agree Gadaffi needed to go. Penguin, stop derailing this man!

not derailing anything bro, just sick of the one sided hate people seem to have without looking at the facts... even uptil september last year the UK was selling arms to libya... we have a much bigger hand in his crimes than we are taking credit for and that's the situation in many other places too!

2.the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

Terrorism is the fear of people doing terrorism?

That's a very strange definition. Bit like someone asking you what drifting is and you going 'it's when you drift'. You can't define something with the word your trying to describe :/

Maybe I misunderstand