The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1993 One Off Toyota Supra NO LONGER FOR SALE

skippyboyo1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice car mate....and for those who like to be different.........i'd say it's not too unreasonably priced.......sadly though...........i dont think cost of labour / amount of hours worked can ever be recovered when selling a car! at end of the day............it's an n/a auto!

that said............a mint n/a auto in champagne gold color with carbon bonnet and carbon spoiler sold for £3500 here so i'd say your's worth more than that given the work done on it! glws :)

its a manual dude

Fair comments, but if a tt conversion was done, say around £3k, would it be worth £12k, certainly would Be in that region!

Only if it was a 6 speed would it be worth that sort of money, and thats alot more than 3k for the 6speed box and TT engine, your looking at 5k+ for both the box, engine and fitting.

True, however it's the ops car, not ours and there for valued by him, it's unfair to say the cars too much money, maybe a little clear up by the mod might be in order!!?

I entirely agree, which is why i was very careful of my wording in my above comment as not to put a value on the car as it is now. For what its worth, i hope he gets the money he's after for it as he has obviously put alot of time, money and effort into it. I was tempted to make an offer on it with the intention of transferring my drivetrain across and getting the mint black supra i have always wanted, but feel my offer would do little more than insult the guy. GLWS fella.

I entirely agree, which is why i was very careful of my wording in my above comment as not to put a value on the car as it is now. For what its worth, i hope he gets the money he's after for it as he has obviously put alot of time, money and effort into it. I was tempted to make an offer on it with the intention of transferring my drivetrain across and getting the mint black supra i have always wanted, but feel my offer would do little more than insult the guy. GLWS fella.

Well put Dan. I have never seen the problem with making low offers for a car even if the seller says no. As long as you explain your reasons for the offer which may be the changes that you personally would like to make. You could buy a car with the wrong wheels, brakes, seats, skirts, bumper etc and set yourself back a fortune by the time you have got the car the way you want it. With both my Supes I have waited till a car was pretty much perfect from my point of view before I bought it.

I would personally make the offer Dan. As far as discusssing people prices for their cars in sale threads, it's a no, no. Unless the seller asks for an opinion on the price..!!

H.

Well put Dan. I have never seen the problem with making low offers for a car even if the seller says no. As long as you explain your reasons for the offer which may be the changes that you personally would like to make. You could buy a car with the wrong wheels, brakes, seats, skirts, bumper etc and set yourself back a fortune by the time you have got the car the way you want it. With both my Supes I have waited till a car was pretty much perfect from my point of view before I bought it.

I would personally make the offer Dan. As far as discusssing people prices for their cars in sale threads, it's a no, no. Unless the seller asks for an opinion on the price..!!

H.

Don't i know it mate !! I've spent a considerable amount of money on mine already putting the car to how i want it cosmetically, and it easily needs another £2000+ if you include new wheels and paint refreshed after removing the Do-Luck kit. MINT black 6speed TT's dont come up all that often though, which is why i went for the one i have now. Other than the bodykit, it was in fantastic condition tbh. Maybe i'll PM the OP later then H :)

Don't i know it mate !! I've spent a considerable amount of money on mine already putting the car to how i want it cosmetically, and it easily needs another £2000+ if you include new wheels and paint refreshed after removing the Do-Luck kit. MINT black 6speed TT's dont come up all that often though, which is why i went for the one i have now. Other than the bodykit, it was in fantastic condition tbh. Maybe i'll PM the OP later then H :)

Thankfully I saw it coming. I had a really good think about what I wanted from a finished car and mine was prurchased not far from how I wanted it. It is very easy to get into false economy with these cars.

H.

tbh mate i think you will struggle too but hang in there, i got offered 6k for my na about a couple of months back but just held on to it as i couldnt bare to part, it is also as new mint with 55k, carbon and leather misanos, blueangel leds rears etc, etc, hope your get what your after bud!

well thanks for all your comments,thought id update this...

i had an offer from a member for £8350 however ive had a think and i just cant sell it plus ive got other plans so ill keep you posted!!!! however this ones staying :)

cheers

wow good offer! but glad your keeping it, what next on the list TT conversion?

wow good offer! but glad your keeping it, what next on the list TT conversion?

No i hate changing engines,there never right afterwards IMO and experience,i belive you should start with the right engine to start with fitted to the car and then build on that.

im fancying a Corsa,Nova or astra with the C20LET engine or the none turbo red top just the play around with.

Ive always loved the "street sleeper cars" so im going back to my roots so to speak plus if i changed the engine in the supra and it started to be unreliable due to this id be gutted however with the vauxhall i wouldnt mind and i know them better.

Im fitting NOZ to the supra and then im going to just enjoy it

No i hate changing engines,there never right afterwards IMO and experience.

im fancying a Corsa,Nova or astra with the C20LET engine or the none turbo red top just the play around with.

Ive always loved the "street sleeper cars" so im going back to my roots so to speak plus if i changed the engine in the supra and it started to be unreliable due to this id be gutted however with the vauxhall i wouldnt mind and i know them better.

Im fitting NOZ to the supra and then im going to just enjoy it

fair enough.

if you dont like engine transfers and want more power you could always consider a good NA-t set up, could be good for 500bhp.

fair enough.

if you dont like engine transfers and want more power you could always consider a good NA-t set up, could be good for 500bhp.

Ive also thought about this and ive seen both good and bad reports but as you know our engines are sooooo strong and reliable,ive tried to kill mine many times on trackdays and failed.

no im happy how it is,i just need to get my hands on something else to play with in the garage!

Ive also thought about this and ive seen both good and bad reports but as you know our engines are sooooo strong and reliable,ive tried to kill mine many times on trackdays and failed.

no im happy how it is,i just need to get my hands on something else to play with in the garage!

keep us updated if you start a new project

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.