The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP ! Company Car decision has to be made tomorrow - 135i Coupe or 335i Coupe

Sheefa

It's the reliability I'd worry about - how over-engineered are the Gearboxes etc. on them to cope with the massive increases in torque that can be had, and are the Turbos still in their efficiency range at whatever boost level they get punted up to in order to make that extra torque?

Cheers,

Brian.

Weve done a few and they get thrashed so far no problems at all, anyway thats what warranty is for !!!!

Thanks all.

VERY EXCITED. Ordered the 335i today. Build time is 10-12 weeks :D

Options chosen as follows:

• 335i M-Sport Plus Model
  • Sapphire Black
  • Coral Red Dakota Leather
  • 19" Double Spoke Wheels but I plan on putting some M6 ones on it when delivered as per attached.
  • Professional Sat Nav and Multimedia Package including Harmon/Kardon Loudspeaker System with Integrated Phone/Bluetooth/Telematics
  • Internet Enabled with BMW Assist
  • Sun Protection Glass (i.e. Tints)
  • Folding and Auto Dim Door Mirrors
  • Lumbar Support & Frotn Seat Electronic Adjustment
  • Heated Front Seats
  • Parking Sensors Front & Rear

Overall Price - £43,000

Should hopefully get it around Christmas time then! Perfect!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140379[/ATTACH]

What's the most reliable Map/Flash ECU upgrade to get then Brian (TDR) please mate?

Thanks all and good decision!! ;)

Greg

They did my 535d and just done my X6. 535d did 180k miles remapped on the OE turbos - before they let go. New turbos on. Still going strong. X6 transformed from nippy 4x4 to pretty damned quick 4x4.

And I can confirm that! That X6 sure shifts!

• 1 month later...
Order cancelled.

I have firmly decided on the cheap company car and a Single Supra route which makes for smiles all round...........except the mrs!

:D

Good man!

My colleague has a 335i & they are extremely great cars. I drove his & it felt like driving the Supra apart from the hard ride (run flats). His 335i cost £19k & if you got one for £43k it would be worth half the value within 5 years!

I'd personally get a diesel auto for the daily drive & shopping, then like you said have a nice quick weekend car!

So good choice :)