The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP ! Company Car decision has to be made tomorrow - 135i Coupe or 335i Coupe

Sheefa

Who knows if they're modded? Most will come and reset it to factory before it leaves your posession.

Yep. It would actually be my car as after 4 years on the Employee Ownership scheme I have the option of a final purchase payment of £12,490.00 if I wanted to keep it.

Do you think the 335i looks better than the 135i too in Coupe form? This is what I would go for:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]140329[/ATTACH]

Well newest 1 serioes is a looker but end of the day its still a 1 series :p I will spec the 335i up tbh.... get those nice xenos with white angel eyes :D Those brakes looks pretty small in the picture you linked though unless you've specced massive wheels.

It's different as on EES scheme so tax is not as much of a factor.

I did spec up the 19" wheels, comes with Xenons etc so overall cost is bang on £40,000

So payments as follows:

Monthly Rental - £655.38

Insurance - £110.00

My allowances are then as follows:

Car Allowance - £255

Tax Relief - £36

Total Monthly Payment is therefore £460 per month.

Both the 335 and 135 are soon due for facelifts. 1 series hatch has already been facelifted and the new 3 is out next year.

Have you looked at the new C class coupe? I have the facelift C class estate and it's fab! The coupe has some really good write ups too.

If it has to be the Beemer I would go 335 every time. Much classier than the 1 and loads more room in the back. You may need that extra space at some point in the 4 years!

335 without a doubt, my colleague who sits next to me just brought one (though convertible).

Gonna see it this weekend & drive it too, so far his been raving about it.

The 1 series rear seats are diddly plus it looks funny at angles, man up dude :D

335i Coupe - had a 320i Coupe same as current model with m sport suspension option a few yrs ago when they were new out, was a lovely car to drive - always said I'd have another but with a big engine either 335i or 335d Coupe, though performance and economy of 320i Coupe is actually a decent blend for an everyday car - engine was actually behind the front axle line (effectively front mid-engined) and made for a light example being a 4-pot rather than 6 - found I could really hustle it along the local backroads.

Good standard spec on them all too :)

Thanks all.

I only have a choice of BMW or Vauxhall so BMW it is.

The 135i is actually quicker than 335i, 0-60 of 5 secs dead compared to 5.3 secs but so much more kit in the 3 series and it looks a lot better. Plus insurance is cheaper!

I can't wait for the new one next year unless it's due for delivery in Jan as need to put in order tomorrow and takes 10-12 weeks to build. Looks like everyone thinks the 335i then!

Thanks all and appreciate the brief review too TDR.

Meant to say, the 3-Series Coupe will comfortably take 4 adults too (not 5 as they have a central storage / arm rest thing running through the middle where a 5th might

sit in other cars) and has decent boot room. Very well executed Coupe design and another thing I really appreciated on mine was the standard HID lights, really lit up the road very brightly which is great given half the roads round here are twisty backroads with no lighting.

Only thing I didn't appreciate was the muppets at the local BMW garage not replacing all 4 Coil Packs at the same time when it developed a misfire, instead choosing to replace one at a time meaning it was in the garage on 3 seperate occassions for the same fault and was just needing the 4th as I gave it back at the end of my 2-yr lease :angrymod:

Modern BMW's feel very well screwed together, solid cars but reliability wise I feel they've been cutting corners on parts and as such the likes of a modern Toyota is a better engineered, cheaper and more dependable private ownership propspect. Any car is fine from new whilst it's covered by manufacturer warranty as you don't have to shell out for the repair - just the hassle factor of getting it to the dealership, arranging courtesy cars (usually lead times of weeks I found with BMW) or alternative transport if something goes wrong.

Interestingly I found BMW would never give me any record of warranty work carried out, like they liked to sweep it under the carpet and keep up the public perception they're very reliable cars.

Cheers,

Brian.

No one can tell its been flash mapped, a 335 Twin turbo diesel when remapped is quicker than an M3.

It's the reliability I'd worry about - how over-engineered are the Gearboxes etc. on them to cope with the massive increases in torque that can be had, and are the Turbos still in their efficiency range at whatever boost level they get punted up to in order to make that extra torque?

Cheers,

Brian.