The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with starting up a company.

Ricky49

I work in the construction game as an electrical and mechanical engineer. I run the job day to day recruiting labour as and when it's needed but I still need to keep an eye of labour costs etc.

I get my labour through people I have met through the years of contracting and agencies like Vital, Hays etc. Well now I'm thinking of starting up my own Recruitment company but I havnt got a clue about business what I need in place to start a company like this and how all the tax works for any labour that works for me.

I have literally hundreds of names and numbers of lads from diffrent trades ringing me to see if I have any work. I'm due to start some large contracts in December/January which will require me to get around 50 M and E lads on site and I want a slice of the game.

The labour would be employed by me but work on any contracts my company gets (don't tell the boss) and I would invoice my employer.

I have a meeting with an accountancy company I know but wonderd if any of you guys could have any useful info that might give me a better understanding.

Your employer would normally be paying these men? instead you want to pay them and invoice your employer with your bit on top and still work for the guy yourself? have you mentioned this to the boss? if i was the boss i would say BYE BYE to you.

At first I was thinking this too but giving OP benefit of the doubt I think he is trying to say he would try to source labour for the company and invoice for his work done? If OP is starting his own company then I guess he shouldn't still be employed by his current employer.

I know some freelance agents who source labour for manufacturing industries as they have a lot of bespoke labour requirements.

Actually after reading what OP said again...

I'm due to start some large contracts in December/January which will require me to get around 50 M and E lads on site and I want a slice of the game.

The labour would be employed by me but work on any contracts my company gets (don't tell the boss) and I would invoice my employer.

I take my words back... this doesn't sound like you are starting your own company sounds more like you are leeching of your current employer...

Your employer would normally be paying these men? instead you want to pay them and invoice your employer with your bit on top and still work for the guy yourself? have you mentioned this to the boss? if i was the boss i would say BYE BYE to you.

I sort his labour out for him anyway as long as he gets the job done on time on profit he doesn't care really. I use a company that makes £45 per man per day.

I looking at using this to get out of contracting and into a mangement/recruitment company I have to start somewhere and not charge my boss as much as the everyone else.

I'm not just going to use my current employer I want to supply other contractors around the south.

My wifes uncle will front the company doing all the office side of things and finding other contracts. If I can save my current company a bit of money and make a bit myself I can't see it been a problem.

I'm basically the recruitment company already sourcing the labour but without any gratuity.