The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM wideband sensor needed URGENT

hodge

It shouldn't be an issue if it has failed John, the ecu should just run off the map instead of closed loop. Check with Ryan, but I know my Motec will run the engine perfectly safely even if both widebands die or are disconnected. Closed loop just trims the map to account for external variables not actually mapped in the main maps, IYSWIM? Not sure what sensor the AEM uses, I have new Bosch 4.0 widebands in stock. Can you set up different sensors in the AEM menu? LSU 4.0 is a slightly older sensor than a 4.2 but still more than adequate for anything we mortals deal with.

Ive ordered 1 today from EFI-parts. They had them in stock and it has been dispatched today so I should get it tomorrow. I don't need the car til Thursday for my Photoshoot so there's no hurry really.

I did try the car with the sensor unplugged today. The car ticked over fine but the gauge still sat at 14.8 with the sensor disconnected.

How does the Syvecs read the sensor, from the gauge or direct from the sensor, do you know? I am sure that the ecu will not now assume the AFR is a static 14.8 all the time ;)

It reads from the output signal wire from the back of the gauge Chris. I plugged the laptop into the Syvecs and even under load the Syvecs only moved between 14.88-14.91. Fingers crossed when I replace the sensor all will be fine.

If it doesn't arrive don't worry, I thought I'd learn a little more about Ryan's mysterious black boxes, seems they do self diagnose a faulty sensor and will default to running open loop off the maps:

Well you seem to be getting to grips with all this computer lark a lot better than me Chris. Oh and your explination to check the ABS sensors on the Syvecs forum was spot on. Thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.