The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Falken fk452 rubbish!!!!

skippyboyo1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you drive really really hard you can make any tyre give up its grip, even slicks on a circuit can only

supply so much grip and if youve pushed it on too hard then its pretty obvious what will happen.

The Falkens are a budget tyre and should be used accordingly

I had them on a 330 sport and they were fine but then i only cruised around in that

with the roof down listening to Wham and Culture Club :D

Nothing wrong with Wham or Culture club, Even if both lead singers were gay :blink:

:blink:

Mixed emotions guaranteed.

I think a fair summary would be that with tyres, you get what you pay for. You must also consider that is your want mega grip, you must get a softer compound of rubber and it will therefore not last as long as a harder compound. If you don't want grip and want a tyre that is long lasting, you go for a harder tyre and run the risk of ending up in a ditch. Falkens are a middle of the road choice.

The ideal tyre is an under rated, quality model but you may have to try a few "bad uns" to get what you are looking for. Problem is, once they become popular, the price rockets.

H.

The Falken 452s on my car have been absolutely great, but then I do try to keep to safe speeds wherever I am.

I do give it some here and there, as it would be rude not to, but care must be taken when mentioning some higher speeds that have been achieved.

Unless you're regularly driving on the track, then the 452s should be an all round good choice for BPU or less, IMO.

Just read the thread from start to finish an my god there has been some bitchin going on :gayfight: i thought we were all over that.

I have run falkens on all the cars i have owned and personally think they are good. Not fantastic but what do you expect if you are buying budget tyres, If you want performance tyres get you wallet out.

Remember the motto (You get what you pay for).

Gav

I've had 452's on most of my cars in the uk.

They were awful on my e36, 205/40/17's.

Very good on my supra 265/35/18's.

And not bad on the skyline 245/40/17.

(I think they were the sizes!)

I presume the wider they are, the better they are. I have just ordered a set of kumho ku36's for the rear of the ute. With the decent weather we have over here I thought I would try a set of street legal semi's. They have had decent reviews And for the price i thought why not!

http://www.advancespeedshop.com/images/kumho-Ecsta-XS-KU36.jpg

I've had 452's on most of my cars in the uk.

They were awful on my e36, 205/40/17's.

Very good on my supra 265/35/18's.

And not bad on the skyline 245/40/17.

(I think they were the sizes!)

I presume the wider they are, the better they are. I have just ordered a set of kumho ku36's for the rear of the ute. With the decent weather we have over here I thought I would try a set of street legal semi's. They have had decent reviews And for the price i thought why not!

http://www.advancespeedshop.com/images/kumho-Ecsta-XS-KU36.jpg

I have Khumos all around on the Audi and I haven't noticed any difference to the Bridgestones that it came with as new. Great tyre for the money but getting more expensive as they become more acceptable.

H.

my old set up used to do 120 in third. ill miss those long gears.:( but needs must

out of interest how was it geared so long? Mine's bouncing off the limiter at a ton, im still on stock 16"s and an open diff, would that make 20mph difference? Judging from this thread i should get my 12000 mile old nankangs off the rear wheels :D

out of interest how was it geared so long? Mine's bouncing off the limiter at a ton, im still on stock 16"s and an open diff, would that make 20mph difference? Judging from this thread i should get my 12000 mile old nankangs off the rear wheels :D

my previous Eagle F1s gave me 18K miles of service and those were rear tyres :)

IMO i think the OP needs to take his Supra for a proper full geo setup, and maybe look into whats worn in the way of bushes etc in his suspension.

I am not saying that Falkens are the best, but they are certainly not that bad, i have run them on my last few cars, including my single turbo Supra, and never had a problem, and that includes hitting standing watter at motorway speeds and torrential rain,

I certainly don't profess to be a great driver like some on here,;) but i am not that slow either, but i am also not a road drifter, or burnout hero, however i find that the Falkens certainly grip pretty well for what i want from them.

Funny how tastes change with certain opinions, a while ago there where a few threads about how good Falkens are, LOL!

Sorry dude had it all done taking into consideration everything its had plus all the bushes etc are new.its just the rubber

That's called a typo.

Point being your claiming to hit 120 at the top of third when its physically not possible unless you have modified gearing or raised rev limit regardless what your speedo says.

Talk about exaggeration, almost like your claim to have 280hp on an NA ;)