The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Falken fk452 rubbish!!!!

skippyboyo1

I don't know why everyone is having a dig at the falkens, I had brand new all round on my old sup had a geo and loved them on my single setup!!! During the rain they gripped like hell!!! Really enjoyed them, I think the Tyres are suited more to a driving style, different Tyres for different drivers?!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why everyone is having a dig at the falkens, I had brand new all round on my old sup had a geo and loved them on my single setup!!! During the rain they gripped like hell!!! Really enjoyed them, I think the Tyres are suited more to a driving style, different Tyres for different drivers?!

I didn't have a problem with Falkens either, i thought they did rather well. I have recently changed to Avons as i had trouble getting Falkens due to them being on back order.

Strange thread and a bit surprised by some of the opinions. As an impartial observer I have always said that it is suicidal to admit/brag about high speed or inappropriate driving on a public forum. We all have our moments where we stretch the cars legs but there is a time and a place (although peoples times and places are sometimes not fully thought through). If you are stupid or unlucky enough to kill someone whilst hooning then the Police or Prosecution lawyer will have a look on the owners club threads if they have anything about them. This will obviously used to show your attitude to driving even if it was bravado on a forum.

It's better just to leave it unsaid and hopefully you never have someones death on your conscience.

With regard to the tyres. I have a full set of 452s on my TT annd at stock power they have been great. If I was running above BPU then maybe they wouldn't be as good. I accepted that they were a budget tyre when I got them but most of my driving is on warm dry days so wet traction was not a consideration. To only get 2000 miles from a set of tyres would suggest a problem with the set up or your right foot....:D

Be careful peoples.

H.

I had 452's on te rear when my car was bpu and done around 3k miles of mid to heavy driving(no speeding) and they have been on the front since I went single about 1200 miles ago, and they still have atleast 4mm left, also had them on my evo 6 and had no problem with them. 500 miles seems ridiculous, was it 500 miles of rolling burnouts????

I think if you drive really really hard you can make any tyre give up its grip, even slicks on a circuit can only

supply so much grip and if youve pushed it on too hard then its pretty obvious what will happen.

The Falkens are a budget tyre and should be used accordingly

I had them on a 330 sport and they were fine but then i only cruised around in that

with the roof down listening to Wham and Culture Club :D

Falkan 452's are a budget tyre and therefore wont perform as well as some others.

However I found the 452's good enough for everyday normal driving, if you want to drive like a nutter then buy a tyre which is more suited for that type of driving.

I have Conti sportcontact 5p on mine and found that they are fantastic!!

I know I said I wouldn't post again but I would like to say that I would have no problem saying the same thing to you in person. Being face to face with you doesn't change my opinion on the matter even though none of the insults were directed at you anyway apart from the snout comment if you call it an insult.

So where is exactly you 'Go hell for leather' as in your avatar ??? 110 down a back road empty of traffic with no side roads is a lot safer than 70 in and out of traffic on a motorway, you forget when you compare to Corsa's that cars like the OP's and JP's get from say 60 to 110 and back to 60 in only a very few seconds not the 20 or so a corsa would take to get to the same speed. Personally I to think this unacceptable the OP should quite easily have been able to get well over 140 on this sort of road.

So where is exactly you 'Go hell for leather' as in your avatar ??? 110 down a back road empty of traffic with no side roads is a lot safer than 70 in and out of traffic on a motorway, you forget when you compare to Corsa's that cars like the OP's and JP's get from say 60 to 110 and back to 60 in only a very few seconds not the 20 or so a corsa would take to get to the same speed. Personally I to think this unacceptable the OP should quite easily have been able to get well over 140 on this sort of road.

Your head'll be pounding tomorrow after all that beer mate..... the OP has an N/A :D

Sounds like somebody doesn't know what a "full geometry setup" is???

Yours sincerely

Another toss pot

Well ive done about 500miles in the car so far and everything is sweet apart from the tires!!!!

ive always ran avon zz3's and looking on the reviews the falkens came well recommended so thought id give them a try and my god i wish i hadnt!

a few member on here are running them and also said there good......there soooooo not.

there wearing well so far (i usualy get 2k out of the rears) however if i blast my local roads the back end at high speed around 110mph right at the end of 3rd is all over and real unpredictable in the bends and will just stick out with terrible grip levels.

im yet to drive them in the wet however ill reserve judgment on this until i do

just a warning if you drive cars hard these are not the tires for you,theres going to be no trackday until there off the car...ill be back on avons in a couple of weeks

IMO i think the OP needs to take his Supra for a proper full geo setup, and maybe look into whats worn in the way of bushes etc in his suspension.

I am not saying that Falkens are the best, but they are certainly not that bad, i have run them on my last few cars, including my single turbo Supra, and never had a problem, and that includes hitting standing watter at motorway speeds and torrential rain,

I certainly don't profess to be a great driver like some on here,;) but i am not that slow either, but i am also not a road drifter, or burnout hero, however i find that the Falkens certainly grip pretty well for what i want from them.

Funny how tastes change with certain opinions, a while ago there where a few threads about how good Falkens are, LOL!

When my car was running 600bhp I used to use Toyo T1-R's on the back, I couldnt fault these tyres at all and they lasted for around 4k miles. After 20 odd runs at Suprapod a couple of years back the Toyos were done but they just got better on the strip. When I came to purchase some new rears I went for a set of the Falken 452's after reviews on here. After trying them for a while I just didnt feel as confident with them as I did with the Toyos, there was noticiably less grip than the Toyos.

Now the car has more power again the old Falkens don't stand a chance in the first 3/4 gears, I havent changed them yet though as I am still deciding on some new wheels so I just have to be very careful if giving it some.

It can make a very interesting ride though :D