The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Falken fk452 rubbish!!!!

skippyboyo1

Wow I must have missed the point where owning a supra meant you had to drive like the corsa crew. Maybe because I know people that have died because of people like you who think because you have racked up some hours on forza that you are a driving god. Unfortunately the idiots like you who cause accidents tend to survive and end up maiming or killing innocent by standers. Ones of the guys at my dads work is still off because he is having nightmares. He and a few mates were in two cars the first car sped off and when he caught up with him the first car was on its roof and his other friend who had been in the passenger seat but wasn't wearing a seat belt was in in bits across the road, when the car had rolled he had been half out the window losing a leg and an arm before bleeding out in the middle of the road. The driver who had lost it going to fast had some slight injuries. I am not commenting anymore on this thread as obviously im not with the "in" crowd.

So you think i should put the avons back on? :innocent:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes toyota did my geo as my friend workes there.defo going back to avons,just wanted to make people aware thats all.

just checking scott you aint go a new set of avons in the garage have you?

the reason i ask is when i was searching the earth for some face lift headlights and we were talking about it you sold some the next day!!!!

lol how dare you ;)

Lol sorry mate, I actually thought you were after new ones not 2nd hand ones hence all the price searching etc.

Na, the Avons I had were on the MR2... long gone.

there wearing well so far (i usualy get 2k out of the rears)

this is the bit i find odd, usually get 2k miles out of a set of rears.............now even with very enthusiastic driving I find it hard to believe that this happens with everything on the car being ok? do they wear evenly?

this is the bit i find odd, usually get 2k miles out of a set of rears.............now even with very enthusiastic driving I find it hard to believe that this happens with everything on the car being ok? do they wear evenly?

your totaly right buddy,no i go drifting hence the 2k (on closed roads just incase i offend anyone)

Couple of people saying tr1s dont last long. My last set on my bpu car lasted ages. easily 10k. including a day at the strip.

luke on here 'attero' has some on his an loves them but they are near down to the marker now and they have not even been on a year! but he has done a couple of events on them

Tires? Is that south yorkshire, USA? Had Falkens on a few cars with no issues at all. And bragging about those sort of speeds on a public forum will get you in trouble, plus calling members toss pots

ha yes USA/South yorkshire spell check.i quoted toss pot as per the thread

With the colder , wetter weather I would believe tyre characteristics to change as most tyres are not "winter tyres". So far my Michelin PilotSports are still behaving but I am seriously considering to get a set of winter wheels/tyres.

I heard Vredestein (sp?) is good for winter with nice grip in the wet and snow.

With the colder , wetter weather I would believe tyre characteristics to change as most tyres are not "winter tyres". So far my Michelin PilotSports are still behaving but I am seriously considering to get a set of winter wheels/tyres.

when the bad weather comes ill be putting mine away,i dried to drive it in the snow once and i defo wont be doing that again

+1 For Vredesteins (spelling is correct btw) in wet conditions (yet to drive them in the snow). They also are pretty good as a dry weather tyre, although no idea if they would be good for drifting or the track.

tyres are funny things . what works wonders for some are dross for others. i think its a bit of a bold statement to call them rubish. i persnally prefer the zz3s but the 452s do a good job considering the price.

but there are many factors to making tyres work. geomity. weight distribution , driving style, even the matrerial your wheels are made of ect all things that need to be considerd ... you bunch of speeding toss pots:p

I actually felt it was reasonably justified.

What I was surprised by was the number of people openly standing up and supporting someone who had admitted to breaking the law (to quite a degree) and accusing 90% of the forum members of doing the same.

I'm off out buy my Prius.

Mike

I've got 452's all-round and never had a problem except when they start getting low on tread, then mini roundabouts and accelerating in a straight line becomes unintentionally fun! :D That’s with an NA on tired stock suspension and stock 17's.

Heard there not good for the higher BHP setups though....

Is anybody using Bridgestone Potenza's?

When I bought my supra it was on the car, I've had to buy new pair of front tyres a month ago because of a puncture, and recently I am having major grip/traction issues on at the rear though. I think i have 1 or 2mm fromt the limit mark on the tyre, do you think the recent loss of traction is due to the tyres or could it be something with my RLTC?

I just got Falken 452's all round on my car so will report back. So far so good & I put a fresh pair on my Type R as well as a fresh set on the front of my old Supra. I thought they were pretty decent & seemed to be getting good reviews? I wanted to put Vredestins on the rear but they wanted £250.... A piece (275/35/18).

Also if you do drifting in them surely a good choice if they slip? Also might be worth getting your geo done by someone like Wheels In Motion? Your friend at Toyota most likely is putting them to OEM settings? This also questions are you running stock tyre size?

I actually felt it was reasonably justified.

What I was surprised by was the number of people openly standing up and supporting someone who had admitted to breaking the law (to quite a degree) and accusing 90% of the forum members of doing the same.

I'm off out buy my Prius.

Mike

I just dont like the name calling and it got my back up, he can get his point across without it imo, you want to support that behavior and think its justified thats your call.

(i usualy get 2k out of the rears)

:blink: - doubt its the falkens.

Nothing wrong with the Falkens, perfect road tyre for road driving. Had them on the car for 8K miles and still running strong even in torrential rain. GoodYear Eagle's are still my 1st choice however hard to find them in GSD3 trim anymore.

Proper internet warrior calling people toss pots and idiots, easy when sat behind your PC, is all the name calling really needed?

I know I said I wouldn't post again but I would like to say that I would have no problem saying the same thing to you in person. Being face to face with you doesn't change my opinion on the matter even though none of the insults were directed at you anyway apart from the snout comment if you call it an insult.

I just dont like the name calling and it got my back up, he can get his point across without it imo, you want to support that behavior and think its justified thats your call.

... however if i blast my local roads the back end at high speed around 110mph right at the end of 3rd is all over and real unpredictable in the bends and will just stick out with terrible grip levels.

im yet to drive them in the wet however ill reserve judgment on this until i do

Ordinarily I would be with you, as I personally don't like out and out insults - or as you put it keyboard warrior. However, given that the original poster had stated, that he drove the car "hard" when he could not predict the behaviour of the car, I felt it was an appropriate comment. That said it's probably best to step away from the emotive comments and get back on-topic regarding tyres. :cool:

Is anybody using Bridgestone Potenza's?

I've just recently had a set of Bridgestone's fitted at the rear and am really pleased with them, about the same as the GSD3s I replaced in terms of grip and predictability. Can't comment on wear rate as yet.

Mike