The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Falken fk452 rubbish!!!!

skippyboyo1

Well ive done about 500miles in the car so far and everything is sweet apart from the tires!!!!

ive always ran avon zz3's and looking on the reviews the falkens came well recommended so thought id give them a try and my god i wish i hadnt!

a few member on here are running them and also said there good......there soooooo not.

there wearing well so far (i usualy get 2k out of the rears) however if i blast my local roads the back end at high speed around 110mph right at the end of 3rd is all over and real unpredictable in the bends and will just stick out with terrible grip levels.

im yet to drive them in the wet however ill reserve judgment on this until i do

just a warning if you drive cars hard these are not the tires for you,theres going to be no trackday until there off the car...ill be back on avons in a couple of weeks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ive done about 500miles in the car so far and everything is sweet apart from the tires!!!!

ive always ran avon zz3's and looking on the reviews the falkens came well recommended so thought id give them a try and my god i wish i hadnt!

a few member on here are running them and also said there good......there soooooo not.

there wearing well so far (i usualy get 2k out of the rears) however if i blast my local roads the back end at high speed around 110mph right at the end of 3rd is all over and real unpredictable in the bends and will just stick out with terrible grip levels.

im yet to drive them in the wet however ill reserve judgment on this until i do

just a warning if you drive cars hard these are not the tires for you,theres going to be no trackday until there off the car...ill be back on avons in a couple of weeks

Lets hope when you crash you only kill yourself. 110MPH on public roads !! You are a complete toss pot :blink:

Falkens are rubbish.

Lets hope when you crash you only kill yourself. 110MPH on public roads !! You are a complete toss pot :blink:

With that statement you will be calling 90% of the forums members a "toss pot", sounds like you would be better suited to a prius.

thats just the first bit,im up in the 140's as i go past the school.

sell your car fool

clever....

That's just normal motorway cruising speeds :p

On a motorway its not so bad but he stated he is doing it on back roads

i drop to 105mph when the schools kicking out though. :p

I'm guessing I can count your brain cells without using my toes ...

Falkens are rubbish.

With that statement you will be calling 90% of the forums members a "toss pot", sounds like you would be better suited to a prius.

So because I don't drive at well above the speed limit I should drive a prius ? If you have nothing useful to say then it is probably better not to stick your snout in :rolleyes:

So because I don't drive at well above the speed limit I should drive a prius ? If you have nothing useful to say then it is probably better not to stick your snout in :rolleyes:

You had nothing useful to contribute to this thread but still stuck yours in, im happy doing the same, get off your high horse.

Interesting to hear that about the falkens as i like you had heard they are a good tyre.

I have only used T1r's on the 17's and michelin pilot sports for the 16's, both have been great tyres, infact i was having a mees around this morning in the wet and was surprised at how predictable the toyos were.

Interesting to hear that about the falkens as i like you had heard they are a good tyre.

I have only used T1r's on the 17's and michelin pilot sports for the 16's, both have been great tyres, infact i was having a mees around this morning in the wet and was surprised at how predictable the toyos were.

they might be good in the wet like,dont get me wrong i wanted them to be good but in the dry its a no no.

and neil when you were having a "mess" this morning i do hope you stuck to the speedlimits.speeding on back roads kills people ;)

I've had T1-r, Eagle F1s, Avon zz3 and 452s (current tyre). I found the avons the worst out of the bunch strangely. Is your geo setup correctly? The 452s aren't great, and I certainly wouldn't put anything past BPU level through them but the grip on them has been fine for me. The T1r were my favourite though, the downfall with them is that they don't last long.

You have to understand that on the level we are on Falkens are nothing but a budget tyre. They are the absolute minimum I would recommend on a Supra if doing anything other than driving miss daisy.

they might be good in the wet like,dont get me wrong i wanted them to be good but in the dry its a no no.

and neil when you were having a "mess" this morning i do hope you stuck to the speedlimits.speeding on back roads kills people ;)

Of course, 30mph everywhere, even on the motorway :)

I've had T1-r, Eagle F1s, Avon zz3 and 452s (current tyre). I found the avons the worst out of the bunch strangely. Is your geo setup correctly? The 452s aren't great, and I certainly wouldn't put anything past BPU level through them but the grip on them has been fine for me. The T1r were my favourite though, the downfall with them is that they don't last long.

You have to understand that on the level we are on Falkens are nothing but a budget tyre. They are the absolute minimum I would recommend on a Supra if doing anything other than driving miss daisy.

yes toyota did my geo as my friend workes there.defo going back to avons,just wanted to make people aware thats all.

just checking scott you aint go a new set of avons in the garage have you?

the reason i ask is when i was searching the earth for some face lift headlights and we were talking about it you sold some the next day!!!!

lol how dare you ;)

Wow I must have missed the point where owning a supra meant you had to drive like the corsa crew. Maybe because I know people that have died because of people like you who think because you have racked up some hours on forza that you are a driving god. Unfortunately the idiots like you who cause accidents tend to survive and end up maiming or killing innocent by standers. Ones of the guys at my dads work is still off because he is having nightmares. He and a few mates were in two cars the first car sped off and when he caught up with him the first car was on its roof and his other friend who had been in the passenger seat but wasn't wearing a seat belt was in in bits across the road, when the car had rolled he had been half out the window losing a leg and an arm before bleeding out in the middle of the road. The driver who had lost it going to fast had some slight injuries. I am not commenting anymore on this thread as obviously im not with the "in" crowd.

Wow I must have missed the point where owning a supra meant you had to drive like the corsa crew. Maybe because I know people that have died because of people like you who think because you have racked up some hours on forza that you are a driving god. Unfortunately the idiots like you who cause accidents tend to survive and end up maiming or killing innocent by standers. Ones of the guys at my dads work is still off because he is having nightmares. He and a few mates were in two cars the first car sped off and when he caught up with him the first car was on its roof and his other friend who had been in the passenger seat but wasn't wearing a seat belt was in in bits across the road, when the car had rolled he had been half out the window losing a leg and an arm before bleeding out in the middle of the road. The driver who had lost it going to fast had some slight injuries. I am not commenting anymore on this thread as obviously im not with the "in" crowd.

and with that fairly graphic explanation as to the reasons behind speed limits lets all now step away from the thread. :mods:

Mike