The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Injectors vs HP

Chucky_waR

Hi folks, I need some advice pls.

I have a MKIV single T78 33d Turbo running at 650 bhp (gearbox) with 650cc PE Racing Fuel Injectors. I have been told that I'm running full capacity on my injectors and have reached the maximum I will get out of them. I have it turned down and mostly running 450 horses but do switch to 650 horses on occasions.

Am I at risk of my injectors failing and do I need to consider upgrading to 850cc or 1000cc injectors?

Thanks for looking..

It has a Sard fuel pressure regulator and Twin racing high flow fuel pumps (mounted in tank). I'm not planing to uprate BHP in near future and not always on 650 BHP. I will def upgrade the injectors next year but will I be ok for now or am I at serious risk of failure? 650 BHP on 650cc injectors = 100%.. guess that answers my question working on rule of thumb 1hp = 1cc..

When I was looking I had the idea in my head of 100cc more than the HP I wanted to run. For 650 I would be looking for 750cc plus. Is 650 your end goal? If it is then I would just get some bigger injectors to be safe rather than sorry. If you are planning to run more power in the future then I would accommodate for that.

When I was looking I had the idea in my head of 100cc more than the HP I wanted to run. For 650 I would be looking for 750cc plus. Is 650 your end goal? If it is then I would just get some bigger injectors to be safe rather than sorry. If you are planning to run more power in the future then I would accommodate for that.

Pretty much spot on Scott, I always say 1cc per hp less 10% for safety.

What ecu are you running, the logs should tell you what duty cycle the inj are running at.

Would i need to buy a whole new ECU or remap the current? any suggestions on a good ecu if I need to replace the existing? I had a look under the passenger dash but it looks like a standard black box.

It depends on your budget, I would say the ECU is the most important part of the conversion, if you go standalone the only one to go for at the moment is the Syvecs.

PM me your reg or name of guy who owned the car and I'll look up your Dyno runs.

Would i need to buy a whole new ECU or remap the current? any suggestions on a good ecu if I need to replace the existing? I had a look under the passenger dash but it looks like a standard black box.

Yeah, the ecu you have at present wont control the larger injectors you want, id advise a syvecs ecu.