The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inky my Dalmation was Attacked by 2 dogs.

Geo

George. The scar on Inky doesn't look that bad to me and I would expect a full recovery no problem. Our Charlie (who is no longer with us) had a couple of massive ones after I took in a stray that proved to be a fighting dog......doh..!! As CW said, their powers of recovery are staggering.

JP. Unlucky with that mate. I got hit on the head by a scaffolding pole on site a while back, luckily the hard had got me out of jail.

H.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, don't worry, that's nothing, she'll be absolutely fine, just watch for signs of shock if she's an old nervy dog (very sleepy, hard to wake, feels cold, inner gums pale), but injury wise, for a dog, it's nowt ;) You're probably more stressed than she is :) Now, as for JamieP, that looks like a handbag scar, the truth will out in the end ;)

think your right chris, i was more stressed than her TBH honest. When she came home last night she was still out of sorts, due to the anesthetic, she just lay down by my side and didnt move. This morning however she is back to herself, as if nothing has happened, just need to make sure she dont lick or try and pull out the staples.

thanks for all the wishes folks. :D

:( sorry to hear it Geo, looks like she will be fine tho. where I used to walk my dog there were increasing amounts of aggressive dogs and owners who just didnt seem to care. Im always of the mindset that If another dog properly goes for mine and the owner does nothing I will, weather that be kick it off or hit it with the nearest stick.

Most owners just seem to laugh these days and say "oh hes only playing" yeah with his teeth bared, ears tight back and hackles up....

This seems to be happening all to often lately there was an article in the local paper where some dogs owned by a couple of low life chavs killed two dogs that were being walked by there owner. The article said the dogs ripped the other dogs to pieces !! When I have taken my dog out I have had to give a few dog a good kick when they try attacking him, I hate hurting animals but if it comes down to my dog or theirs well its a no brainer for me. I am dreading the day when one kick isn't enough, but I won't hesitate to protect bailey as he is part of the family.

This seems to be happening all to often lately there was an article in the local paper where some dogs owned by a couple of low life chavs killed two dogs that were being walked by there owner. The article said the dogs ripped the other dogs to pieces !! When I have taken my dog out I have had to give a few dog a good kick when they try attacking him, I hate hurting animals but if it comes down to my dog or theirs well its a no brainer for me. I am dreading the day when one kick isn't enough, but I won't hesitate to protect bailey as he is part of the family.

Totally agree mate, I would protect Loki by whatever means possible if he was attacked, he isnt an aggresive dog, just want to play with his ball all the time. Thankfully off the lead he never goes far from me so situations with us have been very very rare, but I wont think twice about speaking to the owner.

I find myself talking to quite a few people lately who seem to think its fine to let their dog poo then just leave it, I hate that. The amount of times I have said to someone "I have a bag if you want to pick that up"....

Most people do if you confront them head on.

Totally agree mate, I would protect Loki by whatever means possible if he was attacked, he isnt an aggresive dog, just want to play with his ball all the time. Thankfully off the lead he never goes far from me so situations with us have been very very rare, but I wont think twice about speaking to the owner.

I find myself talking to quite a few people lately who seem to think its fine to let their dog poo then just leave it, I hate that. The amount of times I have said to someone "I have a bag if you want to pick that up"....

Most people do if you confront them head on.

http://www.break.com/index/man-takes-revenge-on-dog-owner-2176395 :D

I can't stand seeing it either. I went for a walk round by mine the other day which last about half an hour, and I saw 6 piles of poop right on the footpath.

im afraid the only way all dogs will be safe is if thay are all kept on a lead tbh, ive had bullterriers for over 20 years and they are one of the most loving dogs you will ever come across, i hate to see people using the breed to try and look hard! they have really gave the breed a bad name :( mine is always kept on a lead, he recieved a bite that required about 10 stiches while on it aswell, by a black labrador!

hope your dog is ok.e now I got 2 staffy. dogs and they as good as gold. they are well trained because I am tuf with them. but I get looks sometimes because of some the idiots that buy them .mine are always of the lead and always mixed with other dogs when young which is important. its a shame because stafs are a real nice dog but have a bit of a name

Bless her, my dalmation X looks exactly like her, only he's totally black with a white spotted chest.

I had a run in with a stereotypical mouth breathing 20 stone gelled fringe chav woman whos staff attacked mine. She was on the other side of the park when it happened, and an onlooker eventually came over after seeing me struggling to keep the dogs apart. I asked the gentleman helper to hold my dog as I knew he was tame, while I held the staff by the collar, looking for the owner. When I found her, she went mental, shouting at me in some sort of ghetto lingo, threatening to have me stabbed if I touched her dog again.

About a week later, the same scenario again. But this time, I dropped the staff over a 6ft fence and carried on with my walk.

carry a big stick! thats what i do since mine got 10 stiches in the head, ive slapped a few :D

Im always of the mindset that If another dog properly goes for mine and the owner does nothing I will, weather that be kick it off or hit it with the nearest stick.

When I have taken my dog out I have had to give a few dog a good kick when they try attacking him, I hate hurting animals but if it comes down to my dog or theirs well its a no brainer for me. I am dreading the day when one kick isn't enough, but I won't hesitate to protect bailey as he is part of the family.

When Loki got bitten by a Staff he just clamped onto his nose and wouldn't let go. There was no way I was going to go through with my pre-planned (in this event) idea of booting the dog as hard as I could as once it'd happened it was obvious it would just rip Lokis nose off! We tried hitting it in the face and throwing water and all sorts, in the end I had to get my fingers on it's lip and push up into it's mouth, pretty risky for me but had to do something, 3 other people basically pulling the staff until he slipped off. Loki just sat there the whole time good as gold, in the end was more worried about my cut finger and Zoe being distraught and crying, he was just licking us and wouldn't leave us alone.

I've since learned especially with clamping dogs like that, best idea is to grab their collar and twist as hard as you can - crushes your fingers under the collar but cuts off their air so they pass out (then it's up to you if you want to throw the lifeless attacker as far as you can down the road). Wouldn't have helped us as this dog had a harness and no collar though.

When Loki got bitten by a Staff he just clamped onto his nose and wouldn't let go. There was no way I was going to go through with my pre-planned (in this event) idea of booting the dog as hard as I could as once it'd happened it was obvious it would just rip Lokis nose off! We tried hitting it in the face and throwing water and all sorts, in the end I had to get my fingers on it's lip and push up into it's mouth, pretty risky for me but had to do something, 3 other people basically pulling the staff until he slipped off. Loki just sat there the whole time good as gold, in the end was more worried about my cut finger and Zoe being distraught and crying, he was just licking us and wouldn't leave us alone.

I've since learned especially with clamping dogs like that, best idea is to grab their collar and twist as hard as you can - crushes your fingers under the collar but cuts off their air so they pass out (then it's up to you if you want to throw the lifeless attacker as far as you can down the road). Wouldn't have helped us as this dog had a harness and no collar though.

Squeeze the crown jewels or cover its nose and it will have no choice but to release these are also equally risky. I suppose in such a situation you don't really have time to plan a strategy its just get it off as fast as possible. I wonder if poking it in the eyes which would also render it a bit blind for a while giving you time to get a big stick would work.

As tbourner, causing pain to these type of dogs wont do alot but make them more agressive.

The only way to make them stop is to shock them and or chocking them until they have no choice but to let go. Some horror story from the states about a women being ripped up by two pitbulls, the police shot one in the chest and the dam thing kept coming.

Ive only come across one pit bull and it was a evil looking thing, banging its head against a door trying to get to at me while i was working. A great dog to have on an estate with a kiddies play back over the back fence. Best thing they ever did banning em.

Squeeze the crown jewels or cover its nose and it will have no choice but to release these are also equally risky. I suppose in such a situation you don't really have time to plan a strategy its just get it off as fast as possible. I wonder if poking it in the eyes which would also render it a bit blind for a while giving you time to get a big stick would work.

Dude have you ever tried this ?? My mate has always had Staffies and a Pit Bull, they don't feel pain dude. He now has a Pressa de Canaria, the thing is the size of a kin Lion, it weighs almost 16stone, I would just love to see you grab its nuts and give em a squeeze, trust me that dog will kill you stone dead.