The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Inky my Dalmation was Attacked by 2 dogs.

Geo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck bud im sure she is in safe hands

cheers mate

Thats sucks dude, how did it happen?

Hope she has a speedy recovery.

she went over to sniff 2 dogs who were with her owner, one was on lead, the other offg. They both went for her, at first i though they were playing, until i seen Inky giving it some Back. Reported it to the Cops, for Insurance purposes and in case the other dogs do it again?

Dogs have amazing recuperative powers from even horrible looking flesh wounds, it's part of their survival DNA being basically fighting carnivores, unless the dog has internal injuries or is very unlucky and suffers infection (which antibiotics will be excellent at preventing) I am sure it will be right as rain in a relatively short time. I am afraid dogs fight, it's in their nature, not that a known aggressive one should be off lead.

Got her home :D

Poor wee thing dont know what to do, she is all over the place, still a little woosy from the Anesthetic, she's lying her by my side and aint moved since we got home, hoping she bouces back to her wee self soon enough. wound is pretty bad, 3 staples and you can also see the teeth mark at the top.

Get well soon, looks nasty.

I'm finding that dogs/owners are similar to kids/crap parents lately, I try and avoid many off the lead too for this reason when I'm out with mine.

As Chris says any dog that has a hint of being aggressive should be kept on a lead at all times, yes there are instances when any dog can have a go but I hear so many stories of dodgy dogs attacking others it's chavy owners that are irresponsible and clueless.

About 3 months ago down my way 2 english bull terriers killed 2 pugs on the beach.

The dogs got a stay on leash order that lasted..............6 months. I hate to say it but it seems its always staffs and english bull terriers. Even when i took my douge puppy out the other day, hes a puppy hes a freindly happy dog some staff went mental at him as we walked past. Worst still the owner was a 60 year old women.

I told her if her dog was so agressive then maybe it should be muzzled and probably shouldnt be walked on green full of dogs.

As Chris said dogs are amazing with these kind of things, my wire hair jack cross nearly ripped his tail of chasing a rabbit under some barb wire, 4 hours later he went out and killed a rabbit.

Honestly, don't worry, that's nothing, she'll be absolutely fine, just watch for signs of shock if she's an old nervy dog (very sleepy, hard to wake, feels cold, inner gums pale), but injury wise, for a dog, it's nowt ;) You're probably more stressed than she is :) Now, as for JamieP, that looks like a handbag scar, the truth will out in the end ;)

Honestly, don't worry, that's nothing, she'll be absolutely fine, just watch for signs of shock if she's an old nervy dog (very sleepy, hard to wake, feels cold, inner gums pale), but injury wise, for a dog, it's nowt ;) You're probably more stressed than she is :) Now, as for JamieP, that looks like a handbag scar, the truth will out in the end ;)

Im calling Gimp Ball !!!!!!