The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The definitive "under £20k" serious car thread...!!

Jamesy

Are they that unreliable still? Quote from autotrader: "Jaguar scores well in ownership surveys these days, and the XKR convertible appears to be built impeccably, using high quality materials." I ask because I've looked into jags a few times and thought they'd left the bad rep behind on the more modern (2000+) cars.

Seems like a lot of car for the money, looks stunning except for the interior. I'd go for it if the build documentation checks out!

Hmm, its a 1999 model, not so sure on the reliability of those.

I fancied one a couple of years ago and Dannosupra (Jaguar Mechanic) persuaded me to keep away after telling me some horror stories. Some were under warranty but a lot were not..!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no no, no,no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how many times u want me to say no. your sup vs that. im sorry but bud are u high?! jags alright etc. it pretty eye catching and not a bad car overall, kind of like it but wtf honestly.................... no no no no no, this ladies not for turning!!!!!!!! :D

also jamesy, dont take offence and u know were all mates here so u shouldnt take offence, but dont you think the jag is honestly trying toooo hard to look like a aston db7? the older shape? before reading it was a jag i passed it off as the db7. you dont want to be thought as the guy who wanted a db7, couldnt afford it so got a jaaaaaaaaaaaag.

http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news/10823/3_AstonDB7_1994-L.jpg

god wat else can i do to get him off this crazy supra selling stage. erm one of the previous owners of that jag was elton john..............(wait sh*t doesnt that make it worth more?!)

also jamesy, dont take offence and u know were all mates here so u shouldnt take offence, but dont you think the jag is honestly trying toooo hard to look like a aston db7? the older shape? before reading it was a jag i passed it off as the db7. you dont want to be thought as the guy who wanted a db7, couldnt afford it so got a jaaaaaaaaaaaag.

http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news/10823/3_AstonDB7_1994-L.jpg

I know its easy to compare an XK to a DB7 on face value, but they're honestly very different beasts. If you think the Jag can have problems, an old DB7 is going to be a horror story. I like both of the cars, quite evenly, but for different reasons. Stock for stock, an Early XKR would give an early DB7 or any stock MKIV Supra a serious hyding!

However, to these eyes the DB7 is still one of the most beautiful cars ever made. the Jag seems to be ageing very well looks wise.

What I'd really like to see is a DB7 with a 2JZ and 6 speed box, that would be a fantastic car :cool:

Never consider the E90 M5 then? Doesn't look as pretty I'll give you that but the V10 should sound sweet :)

Which one is the E90? I thought it was E39, E60 and now the F10, with the E60 having the V10 and the other two with the V8 units (F10 being the first turbocharged M5).