The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will a 2JZ-GTE Intake Manifold fit a 2JZ-GE N/A

Guest MrRob

Hi

Can anyone tell me if the ports and stud patterns are the same for the intake manifolds on the 2JZ-GTE and 2JZ-GE?

Apologies if its a dumb question...I'm just curious :)

Thanks for that, hell of a lot of money though...Any ideas if there is much of a benefit in power for an N/A or is it more of a convenience thing for changing plugs?

Its just that the N/A intake system is so poorly routed I just wondered if the turbo intake would fit for a more direct intake. Then again I guess everyone would be doing it...so yeah guess it was a stupid question really. It seems like scrapping the 2JZ-GE for a GTE is the only way forward then..I would have been happy to get it up to or as near as 300BHP as poss

dont bother as i lost torque using it with an 80mm throttlebody I think it would only be of benefit if you are boosted in some way.The na intake is perfectly designed for torque and the acis system works well to optimise its performance.the plugs are not as bad as you think the two middle plugs just need the throttlebody unbolted and pulled forward slightly 8 bolts

Edited by barneybrendan
i type real slow (see edit history)