The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Silver 1993 TT auto BPU - 64500 miles

BlackWatch66

*UPDATED WITH CHANGED INFORMATION AND NEW PICTURES*

CAR IS READY TO GO NOW!

Due to a change of circumstances, unfortunately the time has come to sell my supra, which I have owned since July 2008.

It is a Silver Twin turbo auto, with just over 107,800 kms on the clock, Which works out at around 66500 miles, if my maths are correct. It was imported on the 2/7/07 with a JUMVEA certificate which states 53,000 kms, and over the past 4 years since it has done 54,800 kms (with MOT's dating back to import). The speedo and the tacho are still in kilometers.

It has tax until 30/06/12, and the Current MOT is due to expire on 02/11/12.

I believe it is an RZ model, and it has Leather front seats (electric drivers), cruise control, aircon, and I think heated door mirrors? It also has an Alpine CD/Radio with Ipod Connector, and JBL front and rear speakers.

Over the time I have owned it I have had it serviced by AFR when they were based in crawley (with invoices 22/9/08), which consists of the Routine big service, Cambelt, NGK Iridiums, all oils, fluids and filters, aux belt etc. Subsequent services were then carried out by myself and most recently Supraturbochris :D.

It was also BPU'd by AFR on the 7/3/09 with FCD, Apexi Boost controller, Walbro Fuel pump, and a Thor SLD. I then myself fitted the Autobahn88 hard pipe FMIC, Apexi intake, fluidyne rad, HKS SSQV, Reinforced black silicone top rad hose, Tein front strut brace, Setrab auto box oil cooler, and UK SPEC BRAKES with porterfield fast road pads (just had new front pads) and 3G Drilled and Grooved Discs, all supplied by whifbitz with invoices for all.

The supra already came with the Blitz NurSpec RX exhaust and a double decat with restrictor ring, and has staggered 18" Rota GTR's fitted not long after I got the car, with 225 front 265 rear tyres (new tyres about 4 months ago) These are unfortunately curbed on the nearside, and they have laquer bubbling, I have been quoted £55 a wheel to get them refurbed.

In June 2009 one of the Turbo oil seals went, and I had both turbos refurbished By CR Turbos, with the ceramics replaced with metal. (£839.50 for the pair, not including removal or fitting - have invoice from CR Turbos too)

Most recently (on the way home from the last suprapod) the Crank pulley decided to leave its home for the past 18 years and separated itself (a common issue?), thankfully not causing any damage at all! This was replaced with an OEM unit.

The front bumper has had a Greddy style lip fitted, and the front bumper itself de-numberplated and resprayed as the paint was suffering from crazing, It already had the OEM style skirts and spats fitted. I have also refurbed the headlights, black with chrome rings, so they aren't too yellow either :)

It has only ever been run on Vpower or BP Ultimate, and the boost has never been above 1.2 bar.

The car does need some TLC, it is NOT mint condition, but there is certainly NO rust and very few light scratches, hopefully the guys at the bluewater meet will vouch for the condition and merits of the car.

Considering its low mileage, substantial paperwork and the refurbished turbos etc If it was mint condition I would be wanting around £6000, but as it needs some TLC (refurb alloys etc.) I am looking for £5600 OVNO

- I appreciate that maybe a bit optimistic, but it is incredibly hard to guage what these cars are worth, and I guess its only worth what someone is willing to pay. If anyone thinks they have a more realistic idea of what its worth, please let me know!!!!

I think thats about it, Im sure I have forgotten something, If there are any questions, please dont hesitate to PM or respond on the thread.

Regards, Fergus

PICS: http://photobucket.com/supra040312

HAHA no disease dude, its called a recession !! Please let me know if you guys think I have priced it wrong, I would like more, but I just dont know how much they are worth anymore :(

I know what you mean :(

Think that is a great price considering the work done on the turbo's - The body work is pretty clean, just need a little attention but overall in it is in good nice! With the mileage & the work on the turbo's it is really well priced, lovely car too. :)

[quote=BlackWatch66;

I believe it is an RZ model,

If you look on the vin plate beneath the bonnet you will find the model code, if the

2nd last letter is an Q it is an RZ

Model Country E E (1978 compliant chassis), GF (1998 compliant chassis), R (Export UK spec)

Chassis Code JZA80 JZA80 (Toyota Supra Mkiv)

Model Code A A (Supra Mkiv)

Body type L J(liftback with aero roof), L (liftback)

Gearbox type M F(6 speed getrag manual), M(5speed manual), P(4 speed automatic)

Body grade V Q(RZ), S(SZR), V(SZ or RZS), Z(GZ)

Engine Type F F(EFI & DOHC), Z (EFI & DOHC & TT)

Good luck with the sale,

yes please check the vincode and we/you can know for sure what kind of supra it is (the cool kind i guess).

do you still have both cats that were removed when bpud?

could you take a pic of the worst rim so one can see the laquer peel and possible curbing?

Does it come any smoke at all when starting up the car? (i can see you done the turbos but its the valveseals that make the initall smoke)

Hi patrik, the car is still available, I will get some more photos this weekend especially of the wheels. I dont have the cats anymore, I sold them quite a while ago.

There is no smoke that I can see when starting the car, so I will assume that the valve seals are ok!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.