The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WANTED: MK4 TT for project, must be cheap, no more than 3k

Guest supradude

Not realy, its called experience in buying and selling jap cars over the last 23 years, anything over 7k for a 15+ year old jap car is stupid realy considering what other stuff is out there, and all the supras that ive been watching that are over 8k have been for sale for 6 months or more, hell some of them for over a year, why? because they ae too expensive, simple.

Are you a trader?

Not realy, its called experience in buying and selling jap cars over the last 23 years, anything over 7k for a 15+ year old jap car is stupid realy considering what other stuff is out there, and all the supras that ive been watching that are over 8k have been for sale for 6 months or more, hell some of them for over a year, why? because they are too expensive, simple.

Could you give an example please? I am honestly not making fun or anything but for 7k you get a reliable 400bhp car with all the creature comforts of any modern car. So that's a super car performance without the super car reliability. A pretty practical car, seeing as it can seat 4 or like I have done before put an nice bike in the back with the rear seats down.

:)

Not realy, its called experience in buying and selling jap cars over the last 23 years, anything over 7k for a 15+ year old jap car is stupid realy considering what other stuff is out there, and all the supras that ive been watching that are over 8k have been for sale for 6 months or more, hell some of them for over a year, why? because they are too expensive, simple.

Are you serious? Try picking up an Impreza 22B in a few years time for under £7k! Supra TT 6 speed prices are on the rise, and autos will follow before long. Plenty of our traders sell 93/94 6 speed TTs for £10k, so you're obviously wrong. By the way, I've owned, bought and sold many iterations of Japanese performance cars, so I know what I'm talking about.

Also, early uk spec 6 speeds are going for well over £10k.

It's okay being a tight git by the way, you don't have to go on the offensive :D

Guest kenblockseal

i dont think your being unrealistic at all.

I am a motor trader granted, But ive bought 5 or 6 supra over the last 5 years, All under 3k all TT models, None of them i would condsider to be dogs either, And none have needed stem seals replaced. I did but one needing a new intercooler for £1500 and that was a easy and cheap fix.

Infact the most recent one i bought i paid £2550 it was a TT 6 speed, with 55k Miles lots of history and a few upgrades long MOT & 6 months tax. Infact heres the car here -

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?251111-Hi-There-Can-anyone-tell-me-what-model-of-Supra-i-have-bought

So it is possable is you look in the right places, Asking on a owners club isnt the best place to find a realistic priced car though.

Personally I wouldnt touch or consider a TT supra for under £5k.

I am sure there are a probably a few good ones for under £5k, but I would say that 98% of them are either utter dogs or have been fitted with a hidious kit which force the owner to sell on the car on cheap as there is no interest and they dont want the additional expense of actually making it saleable.

Then, if you buy said car you have to spend ££££'s on getting it looking like an actual Supra again and not some car with random holes cut in the bonnet and with a stupid ebay rip-off bodykit.

Really not worth the risk in my opinion,

Its well worth spending the money first and getting a minter that looks good, not one thats clearly been owned by a complete moron.

The bargains are normally had when you rob an old man with a nice Supra that doesn't realise what it's value is. I have heard this before many times from members & friends alike who have brought a Supra off someone who has owned it for 8-10 years & just didn't value it. Took the first offer they got because they wanted to shift it, previous owner loses out on 3k, new owner gains on the 3k. Though as mentioned when things are cheap, they are normally cheap for a reason!

The bargains are normally had when you rob an old man with a nice Supra that doesn't realise what it's value is. I have heard this before many times from members & friends alike who have brought a Supra off someone who has owned it for 8-10 years & just didn't value it. Took the first offer they got because they wanted to shift it, previous owner loses out on 3k, new owner gains on the 3k. Though as mentioned when things are cheap, they are normally cheap for a reason!

I think a fair summary in general, but are you really robbing them? They are almost certainly getting rid privately because they are getting REALLY bad p/x values and also because they allow like most people around a £1000 or so of annual depreciation so if they've had it for 7-8 years they don't need to get so much back for it as they percieve they've had their value from it.

I think a fair summary in general, but are you really robbing them? They are almost certainly getting rid privately because they are getting REALLY bad p/x values and also because they allow like most people around a £1000 or so of annual depreciation so if they've had it for 7-8 years they don't need to get so much back for it as they percieve they've had their value from it.

Sorry, robbing might not have been a fair term to use. :)

End of the day either way it is a win win situation, the seller gets rid of the car, the buyer grabs a bargain.

My Type R is taking up space & although I'd be taking a hit, the space is more valuable to me. This is the scenario for when you can pick up a bargain as the seller is willing to take a further than normal hit in order to get rid of the car. Ideally the OP would need to wait & this is how you get a bargain.

:rlol: That is the most deluded thing I have ever said, I shall go forth and tell my freind that his E30 M3 is worth f-all as it's just an old beemer and theres faster out there, oh while your at it, tell Turtleshead his '67 Mustang Fastback isn't worth anything as its just an old american car and there's faster than that out there aswell.

You are a little special ain't ya, oh and a word to the wise, I wouldn't look at the Supras re-sale value in any country that drives on the right ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.