The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WANTED: MK4 TT for project, must be cheap, no more than 3k

Guest supradude

Guest supradude

Hi, seen a few good mk4 TT for 4k ready to go, for example the whifbits one currently for sale for 4k but its too far for me unfortunately, something nearer in the lincs/notts/south yorks/humberside areas.

Not fussed about panel condition but must be good runner, cash waiting.

I have 3k cash thats burning a hole, but i could stretch to 3.5k if its on the road.

cheers

Guest supradude
Too abitious matey, you get a high mileage usually with stem seal problems for that money.

You be surprised, there's a few out there right now that are perfectly good cars, it's just the owners are either new parents or simply cannot afford it no more and want rid, my last TT mk4 that I sold back in 2002 cost me 3k and that was then! So Im keeping optimistic, I'm still thinking about the whifbits black one, it's a simple fix for too, just valve stem oil seals, done those before so no biggy.

You be surprised, there's a few out there right now that are perfectly good cars, it's just the owners are either new parents or simply cannot afford it no more and want rid, my last TT mk4 that I sold back in 2002 cost me 3k and that was then! So Im keeping optimistic, I'm still thinking about the whifbits black one, it's a simple fix for too, just valve stem oil seals, done those before so no biggy.

How the hell did you pick up a TT for 3K, nine years ago?

Good luck with your search.

H.

Guest supradude
How the hell did you pick up a TT for 3K, nine years ago?

Good luck with your search.

H.

Being patient and waiting for the right moment, plus at the time I was looking back in 2000 imports were cheaper, they seems to be an increase now in prices, when I was selling my last "mint" mk4 it was for sale for 8 weeks at 5k.and to be honest I struggled to sell, she was a bute too, totally unmolested 88k miles fsh. Still makes me sick now selling her.

Guest supradude

Not pulling the supra down or anything but they are overpriced, Theres some greedy sellers out there, you can get an 06 350z for the same price some are asking for a 95 TT.

Not pulling the supra down or anything but they are overpriced, Theres some greedy sellers out there, you can get an 06 350z for the same price some are asking for a 95 TT.

2006 350Z's go for around the £10k mark if I remember, that gets you a decent TT6.

One is not very quick & has a french engine in it, the other is VERY quick compared to the 350Z.

Hardly a good comparison, they are really 2 different cars.

Same as me saying for 350Z money you could get a 08 Vauxhall Astra Coupe. :)

Guest supradude
2006 350Z's go for around the £10k mark if I remember, that gets you a decent TT6.

One is not very quick & has a french engine in it, the other is VERY quick compared to the 350Z.

Hardly a good comparison, they are really 2 different cars.

Same as me saying for 350Z money you could get a 08 Vauxhall Astra Coupe. :)

I get your point, maybe not so good comparison but i do think people let their emotional attachment to the cars get in their way of the real worth, some cars are especialy cheap simply because dealers are selling them, some sellers have an emotional attachement to them and are over priced.

That is your opinion. You think they're worth what you're willing to pay. However, the amount of Supra's that change hands for what we class as the going-rate, would seem to point towards the current valuations being right - and you being unrealistic in your current valuation of the Supra.

Car prices are all over the place at the moment, ive seen people trying to sell kitted up 94/95 NA supras for £4500, 2003 350z going for less than 5k and im stuck in the middle trying to sell a 98 na skyline for £3800 and i get no interest whatsoever

Car prices are all over the place at the moment, ive seen people trying to sell kitted up 94/95 NA supras for £4500, 2003 350z going for less than 5k and im stuck in the middle trying to sell a 98 na skyline for £3800 and i get no interest whatsoever

Agreed. Car prices are all over the place. You can get decent 350z for £5k and not just manuals (although they all seem to be gunmetal grey).

Guest supradude
That is your opinion. You think they're worth what you're willing to pay. However, the amount of Supra's that change hands for what we class as the going-rate, would seem to point towards the current valuations being right - and you being unrealistic in your current valuation of the Supra.

Not realy, its called experience in buying and selling jap cars over the last 23 years, anything over 7k for a 15+ year old jap car is stupid realy considering what other stuff is out there, and all the supras that ive been watching that are over 8k have been for sale for 6 months or more, hell some of them for over a year, why? because they are too expensive, simple.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.